8/16 Game Thread...Taillon is a Giant killer...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Huge win last night. Too bad I couldn't watch it due to being up for work so early at 330 AM. Same deal tonight as well. Let's try to get our first 3 game winning streak since right after the 4th of July tonight. I said if we won 3 games on this trip I would be happy. Well now we got a great shot to get to 4 wins maybe even more. Hopefully we can tie the Cards and Fish tonight as well for that 2nd wildcard spot.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Reds up 5-1 early on the Marlins. So good news there to start the night.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Does anyone know where to find Samardzja's career numbers vs. the Pirates. Looking for it to settle an argument with a friend and I can't seem to locate it. Thanks.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0F2D3E232025222D0E392F2F234C0 wrote: Does anyone know where to find Samardzja's career numbers vs. the Pirates. Looking for it to settle an argument with a friend and I can't seem to locate it. Thanks.

Baseball Reference should have his team splits.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

1E3C2F323134333C1F283E3E325D0 wrote: Does anyone know where to find Samardzja's career numbers vs. the Pirates. Looking for it to settle an argument with a friend and I can't seem to locate it. Thanks.

He is 4-4 with a 2.79 era vs them lifetime

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... Career&t=p
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Thank you!
BenM

Post by BenM »

I went to a game at PNC Park and got seats right behind the visitor's dugout. Samardzija had the day off and decided to spend the game jawing with the guy sitting next to me. . . who was wearing a banana costume.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4C6B60430E0 wrote: I went to a game at PNC Park and got seats right behind the visitor's dugout. Samardzija had the day off and decided to spend the game jawing with the guy sitting next to me. . . who was wearing a banana costume.

He went to Notre Dame. Probably why.
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

2-2 Good guys in the 2nd. Back to back doubles by Cervelli and Jaso to start the 2nd inning.

Taillon got a bit unlucky in the first with an infield hit and then a ground ball that went through on a hit and run...both came in on a double by Posey.

Hopefully he can settle down and give us a solid start.
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

Terrible at bat by Taillon.