Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

S-Rod

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Wondering what he needs to do to not be the communal whipping boy. :P
UtahPirate

S-Rod

Post by UtahPirate »

S-Rod is good for 2016... that role has passed to Locke.
PMike

S-Rod

Post by PMike »

5C6E62627644676E6366696E0F0 wrote: Wondering what he needs to do to not be the communal whipping boy.    :P

What do you want to say about a bunch guy/part time player who is hitting .260 and OPS'ing .830? He also has 7 (important HRs) with 28/27 Runs/RBIs.

I think he's having a great year given his role.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

S-Rod

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Very hard to deny what he has done so far. He certainly is playing a ton better than he did in 2015.

I don't think he is better than any starter (wait, can he catch - he is emergency) but he isn't the bum at the plate like he was last year.
Quail

S-Rod

Post by Quail »

I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone of not appreciating SRod. It's just that last year he was (I thought) overused by Hurdle and his offensive production was really pretty bad. He became, in my mind, the poster-boy for over managing by Clint.

I have a hard time seeing the 2016 version of SRod (who is OPSing almost 200 points higher than last year!!) with the awful image of the 2015 version still in my head. He's been terrific this year in his role and deserves kudos for that.

kansasfan

S-Rod

Post by kansasfan »

Yup - Freese, Joyce and SRod have all been extremely pleasant surprises. Ironically, I'm getting a little frustrated that Hurdle keeps sending out an injured Polanco (our best player!) instead of letting him rest / get healthy and playing Joyce/SRod more often!!

Hurdle's use of Freese has been excellent - giving Kang days off to keep his strength up and platooning with Jaso.

Very nice to have these guys as depth.
SammyKhalifa

S-Rod

Post by SammyKhalifa »

363C332E3C2E3B3C335D0 wrote: Yup - Freese, Joyce and SRod have all been extremely pleasant surprises.  Ironically, I'm getting a little frustrated that Hurdle keeps sending out an injured Polanco (our best player!) instead of letting him rest / get healthy and playing Joyce/SRod more often!! 

Hurdle's use of Freese has been excellent - giving Kang days off to keep his strength up and platooning with Jaso. 

Very nice to have these guys as depth. 

Yes what a breath of fresh air for our bench to be the strength of our team instead of something to hide.

(ha as I type this S-Rod with another bomb)
NCBuccofan

S-Rod

Post by NCBuccofan »

45777B7B6F5D7E777A7F7077160 wrote: Wondering what he needs to do to not be the communal whipping boy.    :P

Not play as much.  The more he plays, the worse he performs.

The HRs have kept him from being terrible, I do not know if he is getting some wind bursts in his favor this year or last year they went against him. In any case, he is a Pedro Alvarez that can actually play a full game.