Nice Start From Kingham Tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Kingham went 7 innings gave up one run on 8 hits. No walks and six strikeouts. Probably his best start since his return from TJ surgery.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

thanks for good news. Hoping he can get some innings in for the Pirates this season.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

That is good news. I watched him in Durham last week and it was not pretty. I think it was 4.2 IP and 8 runs.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Best game of the season. Hopefully a sign of things to come. Here's his game log for this year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... &year=2017
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Kingham pitched 7 2/3 tonight with no runs three hits. He did walk three, but I would say a very quality start. I hope we get to see him in September.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

How hard is he throwing?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Complete game for Kingham tonight. Only 2 hits ,one run and 8Ks. Very good outing. I expect that he will be a September call up.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

With the guys in the rotation now plus Glasnow, Kingham, and Brault, does anyone think that the FO will change course and put one or more of these guys in the bullpen for a year as a way of getting them MLB experience? I believe Kingham may be out of options next year, so he has to make the 25-man. Any of them could beat out Kuhl or Williams (not the way he's pitching now) for a SP spot, but then the same question applies to the loser of the spot.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The greater likelihood is a trade. They have a lot of pitchers right at the top of the minors, with more coming behind them. There isn't room for them all, no matter what they do. So I see someone getting traded.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think that Glasnow needs one more shot at least to make the rotation, if he falters again next year then he should be moved to the bullpen.

Either way, Brault, Kingham and Glasnow have nothing left to prove in AAA and need to make the MLB roster. I think the logical answer is to move some pitching to upgrade other places on the roster. Kuhl and Williams are all of a sudden very valuable commodities for low payroll teams looking for cost controlled starting MLB pitchers. I'm not sure who will be rebuilding this offseaon with pieces to offer, but those two could be packaged with prospects for a strong MLB roster player.