What should we do regarding the prospect poll

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

The two prospects acquired from Arizona are both good prospects- Malone was a consideration at least last year if Priester was not there. Peguero is likened to Jean Segura. Different outlets had them as high as top 10 in the DBacks organization.

Do we run a special poll to see where we would rank these guys? Do we add them now? Do we treat them like players in the Dominican who haven't made it into the US yet and leave them be? Do we wait until after the poll has finished and do an informal poll of where they would rank. I think both would be in the top 14 of the Pirate organization myself.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think they are both in the 5-9 range for the Pirates.
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

wait and see how MLB inserts them or another outlet
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

67707D79797D777F27140 wrote: wait and see how MLB inserts them or another outlet

I agree with this one. Then we can do a special vote to see where they might best fit our list and move players on our current list down one or two spots. It's called adjusting for unexpected events! ;D
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

This is what I was thinking. Wait to see where others rank the acquisitions and then run a poll to see where we rank them. I will wait until later today to resume the regular festivities but am still interested in what others think about this issue. 4E6F674E656D0A0 wrote: wait and see how MLB inserts them or another outlet

I agree with this one.  Then we can do a special vote to see where they might best fit our list and move players on our current list down one or two spots.  It's called adjusting for unexpected events!   ;D

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I appreciate that they belong in there somewhere, but at the same time I had not even heard of them until about 20 hours ago.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The MLB site for Pittsburgh (pirateball.com) has Peguero at 7 and Malone at 8.