8/12 Game Thread...Nova versus Dodgers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Cardinals are down 9-1 to the Cubs in there game so another golden opportunity tonight for the Pirates to inch closer to that 2nd wildcard position. The Marlins are hosting the White Sox this weekend. I think if you're the Pirates you need to really try to go 3-3 on this trip to both LA and San Fran. You cannot afford to have something like a 1-5 record in these next 6 games. You gotta at least play .500 baseball then see where you are next weekend coming home to the Marlins in a huge 3 game series.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

61465753564B74405756564B320 wrote: The Cardinals are down 9-1 to the Cubs in there game so another golden opportunity tonight for the Pirates to inch closer to that 2nd wildcard position. The Marlins are hosting the White Sox this weekend. I think if you're the Pirates you need to really try to go 3-3 on this trip to both LA and San Fran. You cannot afford to have something like a 1-5 record in these next 6 games. You gotta at least play .500 baseball then see where you are next weekend coming home to the Marlins in a huge 3 game series.

No, I think the Pirates should try to go 6-0 and win every game.
Quail

Post by Quail »

What's say we start this west coast trip with a Super Nova!!

Beat 'em Bucs!!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

28232B272223387D7B0C352D242323622F234C0 wrote: The Cardinals are down 9-1 to the Cubs in there game so another golden opportunity tonight for the Pirates to inch closer to that 2nd wildcard position. The Marlins are hosting the White Sox this weekend. I think if you're the Pirates you need to really try to go 3-3 on this trip to both LA and San Fran. You cannot afford to have something like a 1-5 record in these next 6 games. You gotta at least play .500 baseball then see where you are next weekend coming home to the Marlins in a huge 3 game series.

No, I think the Pirates should try to go 6-0 and win every game.

Of course they should but you and I both know realistically that's probably not going to happen. Go 4-2 or 3-3 and we will still be in good shape.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The Dodger rotation this weekend is weak. Don't know what to expect from Urias Sunday. If the Bucs get some runs they could pull off a sweep! Cards lost, Marlins losing 2-0 in the first, Padres beating the Mets 4-0 in the first. Huge game for the Bucs tonight. I'll be at Dodger Stadium clad in black and gold!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cards lose today 13-2, Marlins already down 2-0 to the White Sox, and Mets are down 4-0 to the Padres. Have to take advantage if you're the Bucs. Can't say it enough.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Mets already down 5-0 in the first.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

46616A49040 wrote: Mets already down 5-0 in the first.
I'm just baffled why Hurdle keeps batting Cutch 3rd the guy is batting .240 with 2/3 of the season gone why don't you do what's best for the team and quit caring whether you hurt his feeling he should be batting 7th or 8th.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

293133343423323528293F5A0 wrote: Mets already down 5-0 in the first.
I'm just baffled why Hurdle keeps batting Cutch 3rd the guy is batting .240 with 2/3 of the season gone why don't you do what's best for the team and quit caring whether you hurt his feeling he should be batting 7th or 8th. 
It's well past the point of trying to find a logical reason for this. It's just what Hurdle does. Cutch bats thirds. End of story. Just like a closer must get every save possible. Was it really necessary to bring Watson in with 2 on and 2 out in the 9th in a 4-0 game? But as soon as the 2nd runner reached base and the tying run was on deck it became a save situation. The closer MUST pitch in a save situation. Hurdle manages by formula.
Quail

Post by Quail »

16333030250E333B392E5C0 wrote: The Dodger rotation this weekend is weak. Don't know what to expect from Urias Sunday. If the Bucs get some runs they could pull off a sweep! Cards lost, Marlins losing 2-0 in the first, Padres beating the Mets 4-0 in the first. Huge game for the Bucs tonight. I'll be at Dodger Stadium clad in black and gold!

Very cool! Where are your seats? I'll be watching the Pirate broadcast and looking for ya!

Beat 'em Bucs!!