Buc employees

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Buc employees

Post by WildwoodDave »

Pirates become the first major League Club to furlough, reduce

salaries for business operations employees. Is anyone surprised?
IABucFan

Buc employees

Post by IABucFan »

No, but the same ESPN home page says that the Cubs have instituted pay cuts and the A’s missed a $1.2 million rent payment on their stadium. Let’s not pretend it’s only the Bucs who are in this boat.
GreenWeenie

Buc employees

Post by GreenWeenie »

I could've sworn that I read that other teams made tough HR decisions a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what the "first" thing is, and I agree. This is not Pirates-centric.

Life has changed so much for so many.
WildwoodDave

Buc employees

Post by WildwoodDave »

060E0D3A2C092E214F0 wrote: No, but the same ESPN home page says that the Cubs have instituted pay cuts and the A’s missed a $1.2 million rent payment on their stadium. Let’s not pretend it’s only the Bucs who are in this boat.
I just read where the Rays, Marlins, Reds (all small market) and Angels are also cutting salaries. I stand corrected.
Javy

Buc employees

Post by Javy »

7D7576415772555A340 wrote: No, but the same ESPN home page says that the Cubs have instituted pay cuts and the A’s missed a $1.2 million rent payment on their stadium. Let’s not pretend it’s only the Bucs who are in this boat.

Regarding the A's situation, from what I have read, there's a little more to that tiff than the coronavirus - seems like each side is trying to manipulate the lease agreement in their favor.
GreenWeenie

Buc employees

Post by GreenWeenie »

The GW Theorem

Only thing worse than billionaires fighting with millionaires for more money

Is

Billionaires fighting with politicians for even more money.