Sunday's Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Sunday's Game

Post by MaineBucs »

I managed to watch all of Sunday's game against the Blue Jays. Nearly everyone who played for the Pirates was a minor leaguer. Most of the pitchers were also lesser lights in the Pirate's system.

Seeing as how the gang of 6 pitchers, one of whom I had never heard of before, held the Jays to 4 hits, perhaps the Bucs should either:

1) Play the Jays more frequently, or

2) Regularly bring some of these guys up to see a bit of action, or

3) More likely, simply recognize that it was a spring ball game.

Nice to see some signs of spring elsewhere. We got 12 inches of snow last week and they are now calling for about 20 inches tomorrow.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sunday's Game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Who played for the Blue Jays? The Blue Jays probably won't be a very good team this year.
MaineBucs

Sunday's Game

Post by MaineBucs »

Blue Jays had a few more of the starting 9 than the Pirates; for example Kendry Morales and Justin Smoak, Reese McGuire also was behind the plate.

On the Pirate end, Bell, Polanco, Frazier and Osuna (3rd base) played about half of the game. Although it was only 1 play, Osuna does not look comfortable at third. Diaz made a nice throw from behind the plate to nail a runner at 2nd. Polanco also caught a line drive that he should have caught but which also could have given him trouble.
Bobster21

Sunday's Game

Post by Bobster21 »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: Who played for the Blue Jays?  The Blue Jays probably won't be a very good team this year.
They had some young catcher named McGuire. :D
CTBucco

Sunday's Game

Post by CTBucco »

Frazier swung the bat really well with an oppo HR. GP looked like GP though it was nice to see him go back-to-back with Frazier hitting a meatball that he has missed on plenty in the past. Kramer looked good to me too. Meadows started in CF and made the plays he had while not doing anything special at the plate.

I thought Holmes looked really good. There were no radar readings on the broadcast, but I'd guess he was sitting 92-94 with good sink.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Sunday's Game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Frazier and Meadows have had very good springs. Meadows looks like he put on some bulk too. His lower body looks bigger to me.
IABucFan

Sunday's Game

Post by IABucFan »

I know, I know...it means absolutely nothing. But, Polanco, Marte, Moran, Cervelli, Frazier, and Rodriguez are all having rather nice Springs. Marte in particular has been impressive. I still think this team stinks and will be lucky to win 70 games, but I also see enough reason to hope.