A Minor Leaguer Who Has Impressed This Spring

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

From watching a few games and listening to broadcasts this spring I think Kevin Kramer is a player to keep track of this season. Even with him being sent to minor league camp the Bucs have added him to the game roster on several occasions. His defense at second base has been very good, and he has had several extra base hits. In my opinion I think he has surpassed Kevin Newman on the infield depth chart. Kramer and Cole Tucker may form the double play combination in the 2019 season.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

It will indeed be interesting to watch not just Kramer who has surprised this spring but also Newman as well as Tucker.

Will be watching where Kramer and Newman begin the season with the demotion of Moroff to Indy. That will make 3 middle infielders for 2 positions. Nice to have more than one decent middle infield prospect about ready for the big time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Don't forget about Osuna. If Osuna is sent down, where will he play?

I hope Kramer plays some SS in the minors. I know Newman is the best glove, but if he isn't hitting he won't make the jump. Kramer needs some SS experience in my opinion.

I guess this is a good problem to have. I just hope the Pirates make the right decision going forward.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

If Osuna is there for more than the first two series on the season I expect him to get some time at both 1B and 3B. Which ever his bat will be in the Indy lineup every day I would think.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

012028012A22450 wrote: If Osuna is there for more than the first two series on the season I expect him to get some time at both 1B and 3B.  Which ever his bat will be in the Indy lineup every day I would think.

I kind of forgot about 1B for Osuna. I was thinking a position going forward. Bell isn't going anywhere for the Pirates.

I am thinking Moroff will play more 3B, but not really sure. It seems like a good battle to have for the middle infield. Newman, Kramer, Moroff, and Osuna all should be starting at Indy.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Nice to have several players coming through. Let's hope their growth and success continue! Beat'em Bucs! 8-)
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

I just watched a video of 18 year old Lolo Sanchez executing a straight steal of home today against the Phillies. He had a colossal lead off 3rd when he pulled the ballsy move. I can't link it from my phone but it is worth a Google if you have 10 seconds.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Yep. Pretty cool move for Lolo.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6A4B436A41492E0 wrote: It will indeed be interesting to watch not just Kramer who has surprised this spring but also Newman as well as Tucker.

Will be watching where Kramer and Newman begin the season with the demotion of Moroff to Indy.  That will make 3 middle infielders for 2 positions.  Nice to have more than one decent middle infield prospect about ready for the big time.

I'm so tired of Mercer, had high hopes for him earlier in his career but the guy is just never going to hit, and seems to be regressing.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

677F7D7A7A6D7C7B666771140 wrote: It will indeed be interesting to watch not just Kramer who has surprised this spring but also Newman as well as Tucker.

Will be watching where Kramer and Newman begin the season with the demotion of Moroff to Indy.  That will make 3 middle infielders for 2 positions.  Nice to have more than one decent middle infield prospect about ready for the big time.

I'm so tired of Mercer, had high hopes for him earlier in his career but the guy is just never going to hit, and seems to be regressing.

Why do you think he is regressing? He has hit the same pretty much his whole career with 2017 being his best year.

He is the definition of average to me.