Disappointed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Disappointed

Post by MaineBucs »

I know that there are only 3 games remaining in the season and that the Bucs will soon chalk up their 100th loss, but I am disappointed that the team didn't add Endy Rodriquez to the 40 man roster and call him up to Pittsburgh for a few games.

Rodriguez has hit well at all 3 levels he has played this season; A, AA, and AAA. He could play first (rather than Castillo or Gamel), and he can also catch. Why not dump Godoy, who has no future with the organization, and reward Rodriguez for his strong play this season?
Ecbucs

Disappointed

Post by Ecbucs »

624E46414A6D5A4C5C2F0 wrote: I know that there are only 3 games remaining in the season and that the Bucs will soon chalk up their 100th loss, but I am disappointed that the team didn't add Endy Rodriquez to the 40 man roster and call him up to Pittsburgh for a few games. 

Rodriguez has hit well at all 3 levels he has played this season; A, AA, and AAA.  He could play first (rather than Castillo or Gamel), and he can also catch.  Why not dump Godoy, who has no future with the organization, and reward Rodriguez for his strong play this season?   

no real answer, but keep him hungry to get to majors?
MaineBucs

Disappointed

Post by MaineBucs »

And now, adding more to my original email.

I think it is great that they have recalled Mears and optioned Ortiz. Mears hasn't pitched that well at AAA, but he has managed to work his way back from injury. It likely means a lot to him to have the Bucs show him that he could still have a spot in the organization.

Rodriguez is in a different position, but a chance to get your first hit in the majors when you started the year in A ball likely would mean the world to him as well.
Bobster21

Disappointed

Post by Bobster21 »

634F47404B6C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: And now, adding more to my original email.   

I think it is great that they have recalled Mears and optioned Ortiz.  Mears hasn't pitched that well at AAA, but he has managed to work his way back from injury.  It likely means a lot to him to have the Bucs show him that he could still have a spot in the organization.

Rodriguez is in a different position, but a chance to get your first hit in the majors when you started the year in A ball likely would mean the world to him as well.      
Cruz played the last 2 games last season which were games 2 and 3 of a 3-game series. Maybe they will do the same with Rodriguez this year.