Is the Hyundai Club worth it?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Hi all, so I'm a displaced Pittsburgher, and I get back for one or two Bucs games a year. I'm thinking about getting Hyundai Club tickets but I'm wondering, what's the experience like, and is it worth it?
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I’ve never sat there, personally. I’ve been to 17 games at PNC, and I tend to sit all over the park, just to get different vantage points. By far though, my favorite place to see a game is the Pittsburgh Baseball Club. Hyundai Club seems overpriced to me, especially given the fact that I’ve literally never had a bad seat anywhere else. Why spend $200 for a seat when a comparable one can be had for $50?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out, whether the extra stuff (the meal, the club) was worth it. The description of what you actually get is pretty vague. I usually hit stubhub and have gotten some great seats without spending a whole lot.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

My brother's company has seats there and I've gotten to sit down there maybe 3-4 times. I mean, it's pretty awesome. $200 awesome? Depends on what $200 is for you I guess (I wouldn't pay that).

Now I would say that the food is really good.
PMike

Post by PMike »

I've also gotten to sit there a couple of times. I didn't pay for it. But it was a great experience. The food inside before the game is really top notch. Very fancy stuff. The seats are pretty fantastic (super padded). It is also nice to get free food/drinks brought to your seat all game.

It is a nice treat once in a while. Go hungry.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Having sit all over the stadium as well, I can attest that the Hyundia Club is a really nice experience.  As PMike said, go hungry and I would add, go as early as possible.  The reason - the dinner is really good and all you can eat (it's a buffet), plus they bring lots of stuff during the game that you can ask for from your seat.  All food is included in the price.  There is additional food just inside the club during the game.  So, eat early and eat often.

Beware; if you get tickets you have to call in advance for reservations to be sure of a table for dinner.  And by calling asap you can ask for the earliest possible seating.

The seats are comfortable and the view is fantastic.

A little inside tip I was given and have found to be the best seats at PNC: there is a tiny section, 20L, part of the HC.  Watch Stubhub for any tickets that go on sale in this section for rows A-B (I think C would be partial view, but not D and E) - these seats are literally situated on the home plate side of the dugout and you have a perfect view inside the dugout immediately to your left.  Very cool experience; these seats ARE worth the extra money.  Otherwise, I'd be surprised if you had to spend more than $150 per seat unless you want rows A-C.

Pirates Baseball Club is easily the best value in the park and really nice experience.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Thanks for the advice all, there are some for under $100 on StubHub, I'm going to give it a shot.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

090D05322434012629470 wrote: Thanks for the advice all, there are some for under $100 on StubHub, I'm going to give it a shot.

That is a great value!