Pirate Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Pirate Baseball

Post by mouse »

Baseball is largely a game of numbers - checking boxscores, see who did well on the game you missed. If you follow boxscores, Pirates Prospects is porting through a simulation of the 2020 season, reporting each game day on how the game went. (Subscription required.)Totally a simulation, but surprisingly fun to read. Um, and realistic. Pirates are 2 - 5 with an off-day today. Gonzalez has been DFA'd, Hayes called up. We're waiting to see if anyone picks Gonzales up.
DemDog

Pirate Baseball

Post by DemDog »

Speaking of baseball being a game of numbers I sure do miss all the scores, boxscore, standings, league leaders etc that I ready daily in the Online version of the Post Gazette. I sure do miss that.

As for P2 and its simulation of games I read them and I am not excited with the results. Tim acknowledges that but what you see is what you get. At least there is some sort of way to see baseball by the numbers. Oh, almost forgot, No Joe Block!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
jkenn13

Pirate Baseball

Post by jkenn13 »

I found another simulation when searching today. If you are into that.

http://www.strat-o-matic.com/2020-season-simulation/

The Bucs are 4 - 4 so far.

Hitting leaders:

C.Moran - .538

A.Frazier - .400

Gregory Polanco on 10-Day IL already.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirate Baseball

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

24252B20207F7D4E0 wrote: I found another simulation when searching  today. If you are into that.

http://www.strat-o-matic.com/2020-season-simulation/

The Bucs are 4 - 4 so far.

Hitting leaders:

C.Moran - .538

A.Frazier - .400

[highlight]Gregory Polanco on 10-Day IL already.[/highlight]

That gave me a big chuckle. Even in the world of make-believe, truth rises to the surface.
GreenWeenie

Pirate Baseball

Post by GreenWeenie »

We were going to simulate bringing Cervelli back just so that we could pick him to simulate going out again.

But, we also had to simulate BOB reaching into his wallet to do it, and the computer suddenly must have caught some deadly VIRUS or something, and, in reality, it needs fixed.