7/29 Game Thread Brault versus Brew Crew...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Okay getting this started right now before I forget. As I stated earlier the Pirates desperately at the very worst need to win 2 out of 3 this weekend in this series. They can take a big step toward doing that by winning this first game tonight. The Pirates need to go 4-2 as well at the very worst on this short little 6 game trip in Milwaukee and Atlanta next week. Anything less then 4 wins no matter how you get it will most likely not help this team move up in the standings in the next week or so.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Our play in this series could dictate what NH does Monday.

I'm hoping that our last game against Seattle was the statement game we've been look for. Great defense, timely offense, a complete game by Cole and Cutch looking like himself. I'd sure like to see that carry over right now.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Prior to the game someone, possibly Schugel will have to be sent back to AAA in order for Brault to get on the 25 man roster. I think with this upcoming CBA they should agree to expand the rosters to say 27-28 players, but each night you only play 25,and remaining players would be inactive. I would think the Union would go for that because of the additional players being on MLB Rosters.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

060A0B5059505855524D57600 wrote: Prior to the game someone, possibly Schugel will have to be sent back to AAA in order for Brault to get on the 25 man roster. I think with this upcoming CBA they should agree to expand the rosters to say 27-28 players, but each night you only play 25,and remaining players would be inactive. I would think the Union would go for that because of the additional players being on MLB Rosters. 

I think they'd have to put in some sort of language that says it can't be your starting pitcher.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

For example if there was a 27 man roster, Cole and Lirano would not be active tonight since they just pitched earlier this week. Actually they will be inactive tonight unless they pinch hit . With the idea I propose the team could have one more pitcher and an additional position player for tonight's game.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6E6263383138303D3A253F080 wrote: For example if there was a 27 man roster, Cole and Lirano would not be active tonight since they just pitched earlier this week. Actually they will be inactive tonight unless they pinch hit . With the idea I propose the team could have one more pitcher and an additional position player for tonight's game.

That is a lot. That would put 60 players who wouldn't be in the majors now in the majors and weakening the talent pool.

I think the Pirates can manage these spot starts or fifth starts for a while as they have guys who can be shuffled up and down. That will keep an extra arm in the bullpen or a bat on the bench.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I can't imagine the Pirates wanting to pay any more MLB salaries than they absolutely have to. It would just give them another reason to cry poor.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

Early lineup has Braun out of it (?)

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/pirates-vs-bre ... ,game_tab=

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Anyone else feel like Brault is getting squeezed? I haven't been checking pitch/fx, just seems that way...especially that walk to Broxton
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Difficult one to watch so far...only difference a 2 strike, 2 out homer in the first...Brault has done really well considering he doesn't seem to have his best stuff...

We need to do something against the other guy