OLD--PNC Park was going to have a Pirate ship.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Don't know what made me think about this this morning. 

I thought it was a neat idea, though apparently nobody else in the world did.  It turned controversial and apparently eventually dropped. I guess I understand that people thought it would be cheesy, but kids would have loved it and it would personalize the park a bit more. 

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate ... eship6.asp

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Silly to build a ship and then leave it on dry land.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I thought it would look junkie and cheesy too.

I do think it would be cool if the city had an actual Pirate Ship floating up and down the river during games or transporting fans. At least on Saturday and Sunday games. I wouldn't be a fan of having one docked there all year or inside PNC Park. PNC Park is one of the nicest ballparks in the league. I wouldn't want to junk it up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5E555D5154554E0B0D7A435B5255551459553A0 wrote: I thought it would look junkie and cheesy too. 

I do think it would be cool if the city had an actual Pirate Ship floating up and down the river during games or transporting fans.  At least on Saturday and Sunday games.  I wouldn't be a fan of having one docked there all year or inside PNC Park.  PNC Park is one of the nicest ballparks in the league.  I wouldn't want to junk it up. 

Baltimore harbor offers Pirate ship cruises. That would be great in Pittsburgh.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

616A626E6B6A713432457C646D6A6A2B666A050 wrote: I thought it would look junkie and cheesy too. 

I do think it would be cool if the city had an actual Pirate Ship floating up and down the river during games or transporting fans.  At least on Saturday and Sunday games.  I wouldn't be a fan of having one docked there all year or inside PNC Park.  PNC Park is one of the nicest ballparks in the league.  I wouldn't want to junk it up. 

Maybe. I trust they (HOK, PNC's designers) would have been able to work it in without being gaudy though.

I would certainly take a Pirate voyage down the 3 rivers. This would not even be all that difficult to work up and I'm surprised the Gateway Clipper people haven't done it yet. It's not like it would have to be a real sail boat.
Quail

Post by Quail »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: I thought it would look junkie and cheesy too. 

Great idea Dog!