Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Adam Frazier

Post by JollyRoger »

What do you think Frazier is worth in a trade?

He is having a career year; but is he coming into his own and this is what he has developed into? Or is this an outlier

With his hitting approach I think this is what could be expected going forward. High average, great contact potential batting champion

The Pirates should not sell low and should be demanding a Top 10 prospect from a team. Especially since Frazier is still under team control through 2022. He is actually going to be tough to replace in the Pirate lineup as Gonzales is 2-3 years away. Maybe Rudolpho Castro can be the guy.

I would not be disappointed if Frazier was kept

What say you?
SammyKhalifa

Adam Frazier

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Remember this?  We laughed.

https://www.mlb.com/news/adam-frazier-i ... c231397520

"If [Adam Frazier] gets enough at bats, he's going to win a batting title someday," David Freese told Robbie Incmikoski on the field moments after this one ended in a 6-3 Pirates win.
rucker59@gmail.com

Adam Frazier

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Few people on here had anything truly positive to say about Frazier other than am being a decent utility player. His defense and his bat were considered below average. A few of us (hint hint) liked Adam, but he was mostly thought of as a throw-away.

I don’t know what other teams see in him, but if they trade him for anything other than a legit top 10 prospect (plus other lower level players) Ben will have blown this trade.

I dont think he’s going to be traded. Id like to see contract extensions for both Frazier and Reynolds.
Surgnbuck

Adam Frazier

Post by Surgnbuck »

I still don't see where he puts any contender over the top. In the AL the White Sox would get a boost over Leury Garcia. All the other contenders have a second baseman and left fielders that are near equivalent or better than Frazier.

In the NL, I think the NL East can be ruled out barring an injury in the next 5 days. Atlanta went for Joc Pederson to replace Acuna. He's a rental, on a mutual option with a buyout for 2022. They could have went for Bryant, but chose Pederson. They aren't sacrificing the future for a chance to maybe win the East. The Mets went for Hill from the Rays, why not a much better Anderson from the Pirates, both of whom are rentals? Those trades tell me Atlanta and Mets aren't going big, even if Frazier would be an upgrade. The Phillies have Segura and McCutchen. Milwaukee has Wong and Yelich. Cincy has India and Winker. The Dodgers could use him perhaps, but they have a bunch of guys on IL, so I can't figure  them out for a need. I think SF is okay with who they have, SD has Cronenworth and Pham.

Unless a team like the Mariners, who might risk being a buyer if the trade involves someone that can help in 2021 and 2022 also as reports have indicated and linking Frazier there, I just don't even see a market for Frazier right now, other than the White Sox.

IDK what their system looks like, but it all boils down to them IMHO, and if BC doesn't get an overwhelming offer, I don't think Frazier gets dealt at the deadline.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Some things working against the Pirates getting a highly-rated prospect are that Frazier has little power, he's 30 years old, and teams today are preferring to keep their best minor leaguers. Even though he has another year of control, and he's kept himself in great shape, I don't think teams are willing to part with much for a 2Bman who isn't younger and doesn't hit enough HRs.

I do believe he'll be dealt, though, sometime before the start of next season. BC drafted Nick Gonzales to play second base. He's going to have far more commitment to him than to Frazier.
JollyRoger

Adam Frazier

Post by JollyRoger »

44626570797562747C170 wrote: I still don't see where he puts any contender over the top. In the AL the White Sox would get a boost over Leury Garcia. All the other contenders have a second baseman and left fielders that are near equivalent or better than Frazier.

In the NL, I think the NL East can be ruled out barring an injury in the next 5 days. Atlanta went for Joc Pederson to replace Acuna. He's a rental, on a mutual option with a buyout for 2022. They could have went for Bryant, but chose Pederson. They aren't sacrificing the future for a chance to maybe win the East. The Mets went for Hill from the Rays, why not a much better Anderson from the Pirates, both of whom are rentals? Those trades tell me Atlanta and Mets aren't going big, even if Frazier would be an upgrade. The Phillies have Segura and McCutchen. Milwaukee has Wong and Yelich. Cincy has India and Winker. The Dodgers could use him perhaps, but they have a bunch of guys on IL, so I can't figure  them out for a need. I think SF is okay with who they have, SD has Cronenworth and Pham.

Unless a team like the Mariners, who might risk being a buyer if the trade involves someone that can help in 2021 and 2022 also as reports have indicated and linking Frazier there, I just don't even see a market for Frazier right now, other than the White Sox.

IDK what their system looks like, but it all boils down to them IMHO, and if BC doesn't get an overwhelming offer, I don't think Frazier gets dealt at the deadline.

The White Sox have depleted their once rich farm system.

They are currently the only team that does not have a prospect in the Top 100.

The Mariners on the other hand may match up with the Pirates

If you take away their so called “untouchable” prospects, Kelenic, Rodriguez and Gilbert, there is still a very intriguing pitcher by the name of Emerson Hancock. He is a 6’7” RHP with a high strike out rate.

Can you spell Tyler Glasnow???
WildwoodDave2

Adam Frazier

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

72575454416A575F5D4A380 wrote: I still don't see where he puts any contender over the top. In the AL the White Sox would get a boost over Leury Garcia. All the other contenders have a second baseman and left fielders that are near equivalent or better than Frazier.

The White Sox have depleted their once rich farm system.

They are currently the only team that does not have a prospect in the Top 100.

The Mariners on the other hand may match up with the Pirates

If you take away their so called “untouchable” prospects, Kelenic, Rodriguez and Gilbert, there is still a very intriguing pitcher by the name of Emerson Hancock. He is a 6’7” RHP with a high strike out rate.

Can you spell Tyler Glasnow???[/quote

I think that R Rod and Anderson are the two that will go
UtahPirate

Adam Frazier

Post by UtahPirate »

If Frazier goes, I don't think it will be for a team Top-10 prospect unless it is part of a package deal with Anderson or Rich Rod. Our best chips are Anderson and Rich Rod, and even then, packaging the two of them might bring the best return.

Seattle will be cautious as I'm not sure their management group believes they are the real thing yet. The White Sox seem likely, but with no competition for his services they won't have to give up a ton.

It looks like the Cubs are ready to unload and start over which is making this feel like a buyers market as there seem to be lot of teams ready to sell off pieces.

One has to wonder if BC will go to really young prospects like he did with Marte to get the prospects he wants from a trade.