7/21 Game Thread - Liriano Dominates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Trying to get some good vibes going here. Frankie looked to be back last time out before Hurdle ran him back out there for the 7th. Hopefully, he puts it all together today.

Looking like this weekend will be Cole-Glasnow-Taillon...should be an exciting couple of days.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

If that is the rotation for the weekend I like it. I hope Glasnow gets the call. He was on The Fan this morning and he would not say if he was starting at Pittsburgh. I Don't think he was informed yet.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

050908535A535B56514E54630 wrote: If that is the rotation for the weekend I like it.  I hope Glasnow gets the call. He was on The Fan this morning and he would not say if he was starting at Pittsburgh.  I Don't think he was informed yet.

They've announced Cole for Friday and Taillon for Sunday. Nothing yet for Saturday, it's is turn in the Indy rotation that day. I'd be shocked if it's not him.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

586E6F787372687A597468681B0 wrote: If that is the rotation for the weekend I like it.  I hope Glasnow gets the call. He was on The Fan this morning and he would not say if he was starting at Pittsburgh.  I Don't think he was informed yet.

They've announced Cole for Friday and Taillon for Sunday.  Nothing yet for Saturday, it's is turn in the Indy rotation that day.  I'd be shocked if it's not him.

Sounds that way. Kuhl hasn't been down long enough, right?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

As I stated in the other thread Liriano had better pitch well tonight and at least give the Pirates a chance to win. The offense needs to score some runs as well seeing they are facing Garza who has an ERA close to 9. I am looking forward to this weekend as well as it does look like the rotation will be Cole,Glasnow,and Taillon going against the Phillies. All signs indicate that Glasnow will most likely get the call to pitch here on Saturday afternoon. I would be shocked if he doesn't especially seeing that they just sent Kuhl down a few days ago.
BucAndEer

Post by BucAndEer »

162428283C0E2D24292C2324450 wrote: If that is the rotation for the weekend I like it.  I hope Glasnow gets the call. He was on The Fan this morning and he would not say if he was starting at Pittsburgh.  I Don't think he was informed yet.

They've announced Cole for Friday and Taillon for Sunday.  Nothing yet for Saturday, it's is turn in the Indy rotation that day.  I'd be shocked if it's not him.

Sounds that way.  Kuhl hasn't been down long enough, right? 

Yep, I think Kuhl has to be down for another 8 days (10 days total) unless there is an injury.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

So who would the Pirates send down for Glasnow right now on the current 25 man roster to make room for him to allow him to pitch on Saturday?? What pitcher or position player?? Or do they DFA someone between now and then or make a trade?? If they don't make a trade, DFA somebody, or put somebody on the DL the only logical decision would be to send Adam Frazier down for Glasnow which I am not in favor of doing. Time to either DFA Locke or come up with some sort of "fake" injury to where you can put him on the disabled list. The Pirates really have no other options at this point besides sending down Frazier which I feel would be a bad move.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Send Hughes down he has options. He has not pitched that well this year
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: Send Hughes down he has options. He has not pitched that well this year I wouldn't have a problem with that either if they did send Hughes down. The problem is Hurdle likes him and thinks he is better then he actually is so he probably wont be the one to go. If you don't DL, DFA, or trade Jeff Locke the next few days then Frazier is the only other choice to send down in which I pointed out I think would be a big big mistake.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Sending Frazier down is very stupid. He is a little spark plug. I wish he would start tonight. I like the way he plays.