5/3 Game Thread - Taillon v Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Well last night Glasnow got his first win and I got my first game thread W...I think I was 0-2 or 0-3 before that on the year. Let's hope both trends continue.

Taillon has been pretty impressive so far. I would like to see the walks come down and the strikeouts tick up just a touch.

But it would be really nice to see them build off yesterday and stack up a few wins with Taillon and Nova before we hit the weekend. If this team can get back to or over .500 without Kang, Marte, Freese, Frazier, and now Cervelli...that would give some cause for optimism.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Tallion seems to have tired out in his last 2 starts.

My hope for tonight is that he keeps his pitch count down and he goes 7 giving up no more than 2 runs.

Also, I have posted several times regarding my interest in the Pirates obtaining another outfielder --- read someone who can actually judge and catch a flyball.

Wondering if this guy who the Rays just designated could be a candidate.

Peterson, 29, appeared in 14 games for the Rays and hit fairly well, posting a .263/.317/.395 batting line over the life of 41 plate appearances. The former Brewers and Athletics outfielder has plenty of action at all three outfield slots and has a very strong .298/.383/.470 batting line in 418 Triple-A games (1808 plate appearances).
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Taillon has been good but his control has been lagging in several starts. He has missed a lot of spots. If he gets that fixed, watch out.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1. Josh Harrison (R) 3B

2. John Jaso (L) RF

3. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF

4. Gregory Polanco (L) LF

5. Josh Bell (S) 1B

6. Elias Diaz (R) C

7. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

8. Gift Ngoepe (R) 2B

9. Jameson Taillon (R) P
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

Meh, Jaso instead of Osuna is >:(
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Well here we go. Taillon gives up a 3-run jack in the 1st, and the Pirates must now mount a comeback vs. a pitcher with an ERA just north of 11.00.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Another 3-run jack by guess who yes of course Billy Hamilton and it's 6-0 and that's the ballgame.

Pirates getting blanked by the legendary Rookie "11.00 ERA" Davis.

iwatch

Post by iwatch »

This team is unwatchable. Mediocre or worse pitchers dominate our hitters. I'm so sick of 4-hitters being tossed by guys with 6+ ERAs.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully Nova gets a win today and the Pirates can end this roadtrip with a 4-3 record before coming home to play the Brewers this weekend. You don't want to start the season losing 6 out of 7 games to a team as bad as the Reds. That should not be happening to this Pirates team.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The problem is right now the Pirates are every bit as bad as the Reds, probably worse.

When you get shut down by a garbage pitcher with an ERA of 11.00, then guess what, you're bad.