I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

Post by Bobster »

Ecbucs wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:58 pm maybe he is talking about other teams' hitters. Now that he knows what they do he is going to teach Pirate hitters.

I may start using the cone of silence next time Ben talks.
We're still having mechanical difficulties with the cone of silence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:27 pm
Ecbucs wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:58 pm maybe he is talking about other teams' hitters. Now that he knows what they do he is going to teach Pirate hitters.

I may start using the cone of silence next time Ben talks.
We're still having mechanical difficulties with the cone of silence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA
HAHAHAHA!!!! The humor in that show was so sophomoric, so funny. That’s why us stupid guys loved it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wow, kudos to Mackey for taking off the kid gloves and going after the Pirates ownership and management. So many of his comments seem to come right from our site. It’s no secret as to what the problem is: Bob Nutting’s objective runs counter to that of the players. And as long as he owns the franchise that won’t change, and I don’t suspect it’ll be any different under his daughters’ guidance. Nope, as fans we’re stuck on Loser Street until the family sells or the sun burns out.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Very good. Thanks!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

IO am wondering what Nutting will do in 2030 when the PNC Lease runs out'
Do I hear Charlotte calling?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:49 pm IO am wondering what Nutting will do in 2030 when the PNC Lease runs out'
You can bet he’ll hold the proverbial gun to the heads of the authorities to extract all sorts of concessions from what ultimately will be us, the taxpayers. Among them will be the threat to move. And if he can get one dime more to go elsewhere, kiss the Pirates goodbye. The man has no conscience when it comes to making money.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Doc wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:21 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:49 pm IO am wondering what Nutting will do in 2030 when the PNC Lease runs out'
You can bet he’ll hold the proverbial gun to the heads of the authorities to extract all sorts of concessions from what ultimately will be us, the taxpayers. Among them will be the threat to move. And if he can get one dime more to go elsewhere, kiss the Pirates goodbye. The man has no conscience when it comes to making money.
maybe Charlotte will say we want the Pirates but we don't want you as owner. Of course they don't have the greatest owner in NFL so Nutting may not look as bad to them.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ecbucs wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:09 am
Doc wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:21 pm
maybe Charlotte will say we want the Pirates but we don't want you as owner. Of course they don't have the greatest owner in NFL so Nutting may not look as bad to them.
They’ll learn soon enough, and come to despise him with the same fervor we do.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Here's an interesting article we might all agree with - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/do ... 1995&ei=46

The author suggests penalizing small market teams for sitting on funds rather than spending them on payroll. The Pirates make an appearance.