Bobster

Re: Official Thread - 9/27 - Bucs @ Yanks

Post by Bobster »

Reynolds HR! 2-2
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You know, he was only at 85 pitches. I don't understand why you don't let Jones try and get himself out of a tough situation. He had plenty gas in the tank. It's a learning experience, even Tom Seaver had to get out of these types situations. If the next guy or two hit him, then okay, pull him.

I just don't get Shelton. I just really wish he'd be gone.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Mlodzinski.
Pronounced mow-JIN-ski
The L,D, and Z are silent.
The J is invisible.
And so are their bats.

I OWN THE RIGHTS TO THIS< DON"T KNOW ONE DARE STEAL! There's enough lawyer commercials during the broadcast, I can pick and choose.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I really wish we'd have IKF for more than next season, but we won't. He should be our super utility guy, not Triolo or Williams. What an upgrade if Hayes were to come back with the ability to drive the ball again
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Mo getting his groove back. The bullpen is going to be the biggest rebound next season. It was supposed to be the team's strength. I think with the maturation of the starters, a healthy bullpen, there's no way the Pirates don't improve even modestly offensively next season.

But, Shelton is a big stumbling block. Assuming he is coming back next season, if the team starts off hot again and then shows signs of a swoon, I bet he's gone. If they start off cold, he'll be gone.

I'm in the minority on being a supporter of GMBC, but next season is the end of the leash I'm giving him.

One thing we know in the offseason, we won't get a first baseman. We won't get any kind of bat. If there's one thing I'll give BOB credit for, is there's no need to wait and hope for a big acquisition. It isn't happening. We're just window shoppers
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2 HR game for Reynolds!!!!!
4-2 Bucs!!!!!

Way to jinx Kahnle about the lack of any scoring from him!!!

One from each side for Reynolds!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Cutch has 3 infield hits if it's just a couple years ago. Three nice defensive plays, but a couple years younger Cutch beats all of them out.

Santana on to pitch the 8th.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

easy 1-2-3 for Santana, the former Yankee.

I'm assuming a former Yankee will be coming on to close, and no doubt we'll probably see Judge PH if there's a baserunner
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

No Stanton, no Judge to start the game. Kind of loses it's luster, like a spring training game