I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: I'm sick of Ownership and Management of this team

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:55 am I guess this goes under management instead of starting a new thread.
Maybe it's just coincidence but looking at these rash of injuries, lower
back spasms, groins, and hamstrings I am wondering if these guys are doing the
proper stretching and conditioning before games. Hayes is a chronic situation but how about
the others. Are the trainers doing their job? Your thoughts
I don't think that's a problem. Injuries are part of the game. In Bae's case, he leaped to avoid a collision at 1B and came down awkwardly, twisting his knee. So that wasn't a conditioning issue. Things like back spasms and muscle pulls are frequent in sports. It's just unfortunate that these seem to be happening to the Pirates all at once.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

I know most on here hate Shelton with a passion, but they make the playoffs and he will likely win manager of the year
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:26 am Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Agree 100%.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Osushawn wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:36 pm I know most on here hate Shelton with a passion, but they make the playoffs and he will likely win manager of the year
I say it is a definite. When I look at the averages of the line-ups of the better teams compared to ours, the difference is huge but one thing for sure, we got pitching!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:33 am
fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:26 am Upon completion of the trading deadline I am going to give the FO kudos for the job they did. None of the top 10 prospects were moved, and the Major League team looks much better than it did 24 hours ago.
Agree 100%.
The talking heads on Bleacher Report agree with you Bobster. They said the moves the bucs made while not earth shattering,
the team certainly is improved. Also these moves are not just rentals.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:48 am
Bobster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:33 am
Agree 100%.
The talking heads on Bleacher Report agree with you Bobster. They said the moves the bucs made while not earth shattering,
the team certainly is improved. Also these moves are not just rentals.
De La Cruz and IKF are good additions and in line with what the Pirates could/should do. We didn't expect them to give up major prospects or acquire stud players with big contracts. But these are solid players who will be more productive than a few of the automatic outs who have been starting for the Bucs. It can only help the lineup, which still won't be strong but with the pitching they have, all they needed to do was become less chronically weak.

Also it was good to see Bae play last night after injuring his knee in the previous gamed. He made a game saving catch in RF.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This recent situation limiting 4 at bats to Tellez to avoid a $200,000 bonus is very low. I am not a big Rowdy fan, but the Pirates by releasing him to avoid those 4 ab is classless. I cannot believe how Bob Nutting can be such a snake. $200,000 in baseball money can be compared to small change to most of us. The FO feels this situation will not affect free agents coming to Pittsburgh, but I disagree. Why would any notable player want to come to Pittsburgh to play on a team that the owner is a cheapskate ? Also what does a player like Paul Skenes think when he sees how this situation played out ? I personally wish the Players Association files a grievance over this matter. Everyone wants Shelton and Cherington out, if I was them I would be embarrassed to work for an owner as Bob Nutting. I have said it a couple times on this site, but be prepared that carpetbagger Bob will be ready to move the Pirates when the PNC Park lease terminates in 2030. At that time I would hope the Mayor and County Executive have the power to stop any movement of the team. I am sure Bob is already looking at buyers to relocate the team so he can have a big payday. I must say the Pirates have the worst owner in all the American Sports. Supposedly Bob is involved with the Pirate Charities which is a good cause, but other than that he is the living example of Ebenezer Scrooge.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:40 pm This recent situation limiting 4 at bats to Tellez to avoid a $200,000 bonus is very low. I am not a big Rowdy fan, but the Pirates by releasing him to avoid those 4 ab is classless. I cannot believe how Bob Nutting can be such a snake. $200,000 in baseball money can be compared to small change to most of us. The FO feels this situation will not affect free agents coming to Pittsburgh, but I disagree. Why would any notable player want to come to Pittsburgh to play on a team that the owner is a cheapskate ? Also what does a player like Paul Skenes think when he sees how this situation played out ? I personally wish the Players Association files a grievance over this matter. Everyone wants Shelton and Cherington out, if I was them I would be embarrassed to work for an owner as Bob Nutting. I have said it a couple times on this site, but be prepared that carpetbagger Bob will be ready to move the Pirates when the PNC Park lease terminates in 2030. At that time I would hope the Mayor and County Executive have the power to stop any movement of the team. I am sure Bob is already looking at buyers to relocate the team so he can have a big payday. I must say the Pirates have the worst owner in all the American Sports. Supposedly Bob is involved with the Pirate Charities which is a good cause, but other than that he is the living example of Ebenezer Scrooge.
When was the last time a notable free agent dd that? The Pirates don't sign top free agents. Nutting won't pay them. And even if he offered a competitive deal (which he won't), no FA wants to go to the Pirates when he has good offers from better organizations. Look at last year's signings. Tellez, Taylor and Grandal had little to offer the Pirates or anyone else. Even Chapman is on the downside of his career. He's no longer a shutdown closer. He hadn't even been used much as a closer since 2021 when he developed the control problems that still plague him. Skenes isn't going to sign an extension any more than Gerrit Cole would have.

This is the world the Pirates operate in. In the FA process, they stay on the outside looking in. They wait for the leftovers who would rather take less money and play for a loser than be out of baseball. So this Tellez episode won't hurt them at all. There will always be free agent leftovers to pick through.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would say the last decent free agent to sign with the Pirates would be Russell Martin. I think that was the offseason of 2012. The Tellez thing is embarrassing, disgusting or whatever you want to call it. This is a negative thing that the entire sports industry is talking about. The Pirates should want to hear positive news about their organization, not news which portrays them as cheap b———-. Why do I want to follow this organization, or attend a handful of games each year? I am very disappointed in their actions to this situation.