Suwinski optioned to Indy according to PG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

He has been slumping badly but should he be optioned to Indy or try to snap out at the ML level?

I fear they will just promote someone who has no future with the Bucs
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

406566667358656D6F780A0 wrote: He has been slumping badly but should he be optioned to Indy or try to snap out at the ML level?

I fear they will just promote someone who has no future with the Bucs

While I’d like him to stay and start everyday, he could probably benefit from going to Indy where he’d see lesser pitching, enabling him to get himself back on track.

This strategy has worked many times in the past with other players. And he seems to be the kind of guy who won’t sulk or feel sorry for himself. I’d guess he’ll make the best of the situation and work hard to get himself back to Pittsburgh.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It may only be a short stay at Indy, if they end up trading Gamel and or Marisnik
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Good move. Suwinski has been fun but he needs AAA time. Could maybe be a nice piece in a trade package for a starter.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Well, if Suwinski has been sent down, that means the only person on the roster who can play a reasonable centerfield is Marisnick.

Best options at AAA are Bae, who is hitting well and offers versatility, and Swaggerty who is hitting okay, but who can only play the OF.

A month ago is was really excited to see Reynolds, Madris, Suwinski, and Swaggerty in the OF. The outfield now consists of Gamel, Marisnick and Castillo (who is trying his best). In short, the excitement on my end was quite short-lived.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D3637323237300D2A3F2A3731305E0 wrote: Good move. Suwinski has been fun but he needs AAA time. Could maybe be a nice piece in a trade package for a starter.
I would not be in favor of trading him
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Assuming that the team's official site is correct.

Cal Mitchell has been called up, and Heinemann has been reinstated and Perez is not on the active roster.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7B575F585374435545360 wrote: Assuming that the team's official site is correct. 

Cal Mitchell has been called up, and Heinemann has been reinstated and Perez is not on the active roster. 
Perez was optioned to Indy.

Suwinski 10 days ago they were talking possible ROY run. Did pretty good with the jump
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

And, with Suwinski and Perez being sent to AAA, and Reynolds on the IL, all three of the team's 3 HR in a game players are not now with the team.

ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

1C22272F3C24242F0F2A3D2E794B0 wrote: Good move. Suwinski has been fun but he needs AAA time. Could maybe be a nice piece in a trade package for a starter.
I would not be in favor of trading him

Pirates going to need to move on from some of these guys in minors. Suwinski , Martin ,Nijgba, Mitchell etc. have been in minors for years.