Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/10 - Bucs vs Marlins

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

The bucs are petitioning MLB to play the Marlins 20 times next year
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Cutch hit his 20th Home Run of the season last night. I don't see
how he doesn't return in 2025. How about you guys?
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:13 am Cutch hit his 20th Home Run of the season last night. I don't see
how he doesn't return in 2025. How about you guys?
I don't know how you can shrug off a guy the hits 20 dingers for $5 mil if they can re-sign him for that. I would like to see him take a stab at 1b to keep his bat in the lineup as much as possible and open up opportunities for others at the DH..
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Pirates GM Ben Cherington said he believes Derek Shelton is the “right person to manage this team in 2025” and that he fully expects Shelton to return.

Very depressing. :( This is why both Shelton and Cherington need to be fired. Cherington sees nothing wrong because Shelton is his lackey and does as he's told. Both are grossly incompetent Cherington isn't trying to put a winning team on the field and Shelton couldn't win with the 1927 Yankees.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:55 pm
Pirates GM Ben Cherington said he believes Derek Shelton is the “right person to manage this team in 2025” and that he fully expects Shelton to return.

Very depressing. :( This is why both Shelton and Cherington need to be fired. Cherington sees nothing wrong because Shelton is his lackey and does as he's told. Both are grossly incompetent Cherington isn't trying to put a winning team on the field and Shelton couldn't win with the 1927 Yankees.
'27 Yankees? Shelton couldn't win by forfeit...
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I don't want Cutch back, it`s time to move on. Sure, he has picked it up and had a nice season. But that DH spot needs to go to some kids and Reynolds.