Post by Bobster »

steve 49 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:12 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:56 am Bucs now 5-0 against the Marlins
I will say this for the last time.
Grandal, Williams, Tellez, Taylor
won't be here in 2025- why in the hell are they nplaying
They showed Bednar in the Pen last night when Santana was warming up
for the 8th inning- he didn't look too happy

It appears to me that Sheldon hasn't realized they should be playing for next year ?
It seems like every game this season has been treated like a Grapefruit League game. It's all about giving everyone a chance to play but not playing too much. Experimenting with batting orders and defensive flexibility. Cook had a nice debut. So he gets a seat on the bench so someone else can play. And guys who won't be here next year still get their chance to play. There's never a priority to win. Not the game being played that day or preparing for next season.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Ecbucs

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/9 - Bucs vs Marlins

Post by Ecbucs »

Bobster wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:37 pm
steve 49 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:12 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:56 am Bucs now 5-0 against the Marlins
I will say this for the last time.
Grandal, Williams, Tellez, Taylor
won't be here in 2025- why in the hell are they nplaying
They showed Bednar in the Pen last night when Santana was warming up
for the 8th inning- he didn't look too happy

It appears to me that Sheldon hasn't realized they should be playing for next year ?
It seems like every game this season has been treated like a Grapefruit League game. It's all about giving everyone a chance to play but not playing too much. Experimenting with batting orders and defensive flexibility. Cook had a nice debut. So he gets a seat on the bench so someone else can play. And guys who won't be here next year still get their chance to play. There's never a priority to win. Not the game being played that day or preparing for next season.
this bugs me to no end as it is 100% on target. To me, all season has shown that management hasn't believed this year's team had a chance to contend and any hints otherwise were just lies.