3 CF Oneil Cruz L
4 RF Connor Joe R
5 3B Jared Triolo R
6 1B Rowdy Tellez L
7 C Y. Grandal S
8 LF M. Taylor R
9 2B A. Williams R
SP Mitch Keller R

Shelty sure has set a lineup for a big loss! I hope it paves the way to his ouster at the end of the season. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/7 -Game 2 - Bucs vs Nats

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

So a left hander is going for the Nats. So Shelton starts Grandal
who won't be here next year and should have been released instead
of starting Henry Davis. Also I guess Nicky G is too old to play both ends of a DH which
is why Williams gets the start at 2nd and who also won't be here next year. The
crap just gets old.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Davis doesn't play either game. Might as well DFA him if he's not even gonna play meaningless September games.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Shelton is setting us up to be swept. No Davis, no Cutch, no Gonzo, no go! Why is Taylor still playing when he was DFA. Do we not have anyone better a AAA?
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

I am so sick and tired of watching Conner Joe strike out everytime when he only needs to put the ball in play to bring in a run. Why is he at cleanup.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Cruz scores from 2B on a Triolo hit. But he jogged from 2B to 3B and was nearly out at home. Nats announcers were shocked at Cruz dogging it. But we're used to it.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:02 pm I am so sick and tired of watching Conner Joe strike out everytime when he only needs to put the ball in play to bring in a run. Why is he at cleanup.
Shelton seems to be making random decisions apropos of nothing. Davis needs to show if he can hit MLB pitching. But he sits out both games. The struggling Bednar was used in the 9th inning of game 1 and turned a 2-run deficit into a 3-run deficit (to no one's surprise). Connor Joe, who's batted below .190 since the beginning of August is hitting cleanup. Taylor and Williams, who have no business playing, both start while Gonzales sits. It's clear there is no plan. They're still in "everybody has to play" mode rather than what's the best strategy to get a look at players in September for next year. Better hitters in AAA remain in AAA. Every game is played in a vacuum with no thought to how it affects this season or next season. And obviously Cherington is fine with this (if not directing it). It's the same short-sighted, mind-numbing stupidity that has been on display by this management team all year.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Grandal and Williams come through again. You have to hand it to that Shelton on his lineup construction . . . :)
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Triolo drives in 2. To me there is no sense bringing Hays back this late in the season.
Just shut him down and let Triolo finish out the season at Third. Seems to be getting some key
hits since he has been playing everyday. Playing a darn good Third Base as well.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Keller makes it through 6 innings. The bottom 4 in the order have done well.
Let's Go Bucs