Just gotta complain and unload

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Just gotta complain and unload

Post by Surgnbuck »

I had a real long post, and instead just turned my complaining to about yesterday.

That weather report never changed from earlier in the day. Yet, the Pirates were allowed to open the gates, people went in to eat, drink, shop. We finished our dinner, went to our seats to relax. Took our picture to post on facebook. It was stand up to cancer night. It was our annual game in the home plate club seats. it was a beautiful night. The dinner was nice, but we were looking forward to gorging ourselves on the free hot dogs, candy, popcorn, ice cream, pop, nachos, etc. they provide during the game.

Then came the announcement. Well let me tell you, that's a real kick in the teeth for those who traveled from afar. That left many fans scrambling to exchange the tickets, because of the Pirates very strict game cancellation policy. You have to decide before the rescheduled game, which was today's first game, if you wanted to exchange. Good luck finding a ticket rep after the game, because there are none!

But the worst part is, if you parked on the North Shore lots operated by ALCO parking, because the game was postponed less than an hour prior to the start of the event, there was NO EFFING REFUND.

Thank you Pirates. Thank you MLB. Because you can't get ahold of MLB, and even if you could, they would just shrug and say, "parking has nothing to do with us." The Pirates tell you the same thing. ALCO parking, and anyone affiliated in offering parking through their sites like Park Whiz, where I bought mine, simply say, "Sorry. Please see our cancellation policy".

Those gates should never have been opened yesterday. But I'm guessing, they already had tens of thousands of dollars invested in worker pay, food that was already prepared, that they had to get back some of it.

You never realize how little we are as the little guy until you're completely used and cast off without a concern by three monolithic businesses. I wonder, in the business world, if there are any good and decent organizations. I wonder because, if you are one, you'll probably be bounced in quick fashion.
3pirates3

Re: Just gotta complain and unload

Post by 3pirates3 »

Sorry that happened to you and others SB. MLB should have an independent party monitor for possible weather postponements to ensure there is nothing fishy going on and fans like you aren't turned off by the greed of the individual teams, etc.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

3pirates3 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:48 pm Sorry that happened to you and others SB. MLB should have an independent party monitor for possible weather postponements to ensure there is nothing fishy going on and fans like you aren't turned off by the greed of the individual teams, etc.
I think the Pirate Brass has been reading your comments on the board and
decided to stick it to you
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3pirates3 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:48 pm Sorry that happened to you and others SB. MLB should have an independent party monitor for possible weather postponements to ensure there is nothing fishy going on and fans like you aren't turned off by the greed of the individual teams, etc.
We were wondering if they were going to do the buffet before the first game. We jokingly said to each other if they do it will just be last nights leftovers reheated.

They did have the buffet. Last night's leftovers, reheated!