Official Game Thread - 9/6 - Bucs vs Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/6 - Bucs vs Nats

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Doc wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:32 pm
Bobster wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:25 pm
Possum wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:12 pm The game was postponed due to rain. It will be a split DHer tomorrow. 1:35 and 6:40.
That gives Shelton one more day to learn how to be a manager.
It won’t help. He’ll still have Alika Williams in the line-up. No other major league manager would ever put him on the field, but that’s beside the point.
On the field ? how about on the roster for two years. I agree he can field, but he can’t hit or even bunt. He should have been gone last winter if it was up to me.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

There was nothing but sunny and partly cloudy skies when they announced the cancellation of the game at the park. My parking isn't refundable. We did get to eat, we took a bunch of stuff out with us too.

What I don't understand is why not get the game underway, and just SUSPEND it, and do it as splt DH tomorrow, but get most of the game in.

Anyone live near PNC Park? It's almost 8 pm as I type this, and as far as I know, there's no rain there yet. They would be well into the third or fourth inning by now.

I'm looking at Accuweather online, and it's not showing any chance of rain until around 9 o'clock, which means they could have gotten in the whole game, or pretty darn near close to it.

Not the first time this happened with the Pirates and Nats. I recall something similar happened when they were in DC, postponed the game, and it never rained a drop.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:09 pm
It won’t help. He’ll still have Alika Williams in the line-up. No other major league manager would ever put him on the field, but that’s beside the point.
But here's the rub, doc. Shelton is not a major league manager
What gave it away?
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:13 pm
On the field ? how about on the roster for two years. I agree he can field, but he can’t hit or even bunt. He should have been gone last winter if it was up to me.
I agree. So why wasn’t he gone last winter? What could possibly be the reason he’s been retained? None of us is a baseball coach yet we can see he doesn’t belong on any major league roster. Have they purposely built a less-than-best group of 26 and 40 because winning isn’t the priority? It’s a fair question.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

No one live in Pittsburgh? Walk outside and see if it's raining.

I'm looking at weather maps, and don't see that one drop has fallen yet. Based upon the average MLB game length, this one would have easily been finished or near finished.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:16 am No one live in Pittsburgh? Walk outside and see if it's raining.

I'm looking at weather maps, and don't see that one drop has fallen yet. Based upon the average MLB game length, this one would have easily been finished or near finished.
We live about 12 miles north of the city. It didn't rain here until after 10:00. It may have rained in town prior to that but I don't think it did. Crazy that they didn't play.