Official Game Thread - 9/4 - Bucs @ Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/4 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Ecbucs wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:45 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:54 am Bucs get no-hit as Cruz trots to First Base for the final out
Good-bye Andy
I saw the video of Cruz trotting to first base. If his manager, general manager, and president aren't willing to do it, the owner should order Cruz to go home, without pay, until next February. If Cruz shows the same inclinations then, have him report to the Marauders until he plays the proper way. If he doesn't by the end of the first week of Spring Training, send him home again, without pay, until he commits to playing as a professional should. If he does, at the first sign of lazy play, suspend him for the entire season. In 2026, repeat the process. Make all of this clear to him today so there are no surprises.
I think Cruz is far from the only Pirate to do this repeatedly this season. He should be reprimanded but he sees Cutch and Rowdy and others do this all season. It is another sign that Shelton and coaches need to go. Lack of consistent hustle is a hallmark of this team.
Cutch has been nursing leg injuries a good part of the season so I will give him a pass. Tellez is just too damn fat :lol:
Ecbucs

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/4 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by Ecbucs »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:12 pm
Ecbucs wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:45 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:29 pm

I saw the video of Cruz trotting to first base. If his manager, general manager, and president aren't willing to do it, the owner should order Cruz to go home, without pay, until next February. If Cruz shows the same inclinations then, have him report to the Marauders until he plays the proper way. If he doesn't by the end of the first week of Spring Training, send him home again, without pay, until he commits to playing as a professional should. If he does, at the first sign of lazy play, suspend him for the entire season. In 2026, repeat the process. Make all of this clear to him today so there are no surprises.
I think Cruz is far from the only Pirate to do this repeatedly this season. He should be reprimanded but he sees Cutch and Rowdy and others do this all season. It is another sign that Shelton and coaches need to go. Lack of consistent hustle is a hallmark of this team.
Cutch has been nursing leg injuries a good part of the season so I will give him a pass. Tellez is just too damn fat :lol:
I can give Cutch a pass for nursing injuries but I think over his career he has not been a great hustler as far as running out ground balls, taking extra bases.