Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/4 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bucs get no-hit as Cruz trots to First Base for the final out
Good-bye Andy
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:43 am Tellez pitching. Might as well make a mockery of the game after the Cubs manager pulled his no hit picture.
I hate the position player coming into pitch.
Should have a ten run rule after the 7th inning
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:58 am
Bobster wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:43 am Tellez pitching. Might as well make a mockery of the game after the Cubs manager pulled his no hit picture.
I hate the position player coming into pitch.
Should have a ten run rule after the 7th inning
Would like to add- unless the opposing pitcher has a No-Hitter and stays in the game.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

no hit. I used to think this was embarrassing. Now it is just another loss.

When is Rowdy going to get a start as pitcher? Couldn't he match German?
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

This would be a good time to fire Shelton.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So sad to get up during my pre-work nap, check the score, and say," well they surrendered this one anyway. Just don't get no hit" go back to sleep.

Wake up to get ready, see Tellez pitching, saw score didn't surprise me at all.

Then I saw were getting no hit. Watched till the end, sure was glad to see Cruz jogging the final out.

That image may be the epitaph for when Shelton gets fired.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Shelton was so determined to do everything he could to avoid getting no-hit that he replaced IFK and Reynolds with Alika Williams and McKinney in the 7th inning.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Tellez is a team player . ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:54 am Bucs get no-hit as Cruz trots to First Base for the final out
Good-bye Andy
I saw the video of Cruz trotting to first base. If his manager, general manager, and president aren't willing to do it, the owner should order Cruz to go home, without pay, until next February. If Cruz shows the same inclinations then, have him report to the Marauders until he plays the proper way. If he doesn't by the end of the first week of Spring Training, send him home again, without pay, until he commits to playing as a professional should. If he does, at the first sign of lazy play, suspend him for the entire season. In 2026, repeat the process. Make all of this clear to him today so there are no surprises.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Doc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:54 am Bucs get no-hit as Cruz trots to First Base for the final out
Good-bye Andy
I saw the video of Cruz trotting to first base. If his manager, general manager, and president aren't willing to do it, the owner should order Cruz to go home, without pay, until next February. If Cruz shows the same inclinations then, have him report to the Marauders until he plays the proper way. If he doesn't by the end of the first week of Spring Training, send him home again, without pay, until he commits to playing as a professional should. If he does, at the first sign of lazy play, suspend him for the entire season. In 2026, repeat the process. Make all of this clear to him today so there are no surprises.
I think Cruz is far from the only Pirate to do this repeatedly this season. He should be reprimanded but he sees Cutch and Rowdy and others do this all season. It is another sign that Shelton and coaches need to go. Lack of consistent hustle is a hallmark of this team.