Official Game Thread - 8/31 - Bucs @ Guardians

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/31 - Bucs @ Guardians

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bases loaded. New reliever. Sure would be a good time for Davis to show some of those AAA results.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Again, Wehner is just so annoying
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Davis flies out shy of the warning track. This has the feeling of we just gave away the game.

WTF didn't Tellez come in to hit in any of those spots? Why? Why? Someone, please tell me why. Is Tellez hurt? Ihaven't checked the transactions, was he cut? If he's on the roster, he HAS TO TAKE ONE OF THOSE AB'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, even Grandal could have PH.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Beeks on. Wehner into his usual uber praise of anything a Pirate does, including how well they tie their shoes
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:02 am top of the 7th, same exact situation, reliever in. Pirates sub in Joe and BDLC for Tellez and McKinney.

Tonight, righty comes in, yet with two on, no outs, they let Joe and BDLC flail away instead of bringing in the lefties.

There's no rhyme or reason to the managing here. I'm actually not so much complaining, as to wondering why the matchup game isn't played in this instance.

It really drives me insane that Joe is now the new Sean Rodriguez. I'm more okay with BDLC staying in to hit, I trust him more over the course of the game than McKinney.

Tellez should have been hitting in Joe's spot, and it's just another example of Shelton not doing the obvious thing when it's been his MO
I’m sure winning isn’t the goal for the owner, but I’m not sure anyone can figure out what the manager’s goal is.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

lead off double, whattaya know. Of course Wehner telling us how good of a pitch it actually was, and it's so amazing how he was able to hit the ball and keep it fair.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This guy should have been struck out, but this home plate ump has been terrible for both teams, so I'm not going to complain too much
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Beeks with a one out walk. First and second one out
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Beeks lifted for Santana.