Official Game Thread - 8/25 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/25 - Bucs vs Reds

Post by bucs607179 »

Coach says I'm lying. How bout this. On my mothers grave I called it before it happened. And posted as it was happening.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

went to walk the dog after the 8th. Pleasant surprise to see the win. Nice to take it from the Reds. Is that India still crying out there?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ecbucs wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:30 pm went to walk the dog after the 8th. Pleasant surprise to see the win. Nice to take it from the Reds. Is that India still crying out there?
I hope so. He’s made us cry enough times.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I have been ragging on this guy all year. Today I will
give him his due. Now that it seems Bart will miss some time
with a pulled hammy, I am sure Grandal will do things to piss me off. :lol:
Kudos to Santana for getting out of the bases loaded situation.
Love taking 3 of 4 from the Reds.
Cubs have been hot.Let's cool them off
mouse

Post by mouse »

What made it even sweeter was the hit batsman just before Grandal's home run. Their closer gave up two pretty quickly.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

This game has taught me I can post faster then anyone on this board and I am not bragging. I watch on a 32 inch desktop with this board up with the game. I can post what happens in the game 1/2 second after it happens. TBH when I know the Bucs will make a 3rd out I have it posted ahead of time and when it happens (sadly to much) I put on board in a millisecond.

Explains a lot of things that confused me.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

To the old men screaming at clouds:

1. I keep telling you all over and over, Grandal should be in the lineup hitting. You old timers keep looking at a batting average, but not recency. Grandal has been a beast for a month now. It would be indiscreet of me to name names Wizard However, he who shall remain nameless was instrumental in the dugout, I'm assuming using the water cooler Serpico once tried to beat up to beat up the sleepy heads in the dugout.
2. We have taken every series from the Reds this season. This goes out to the cloud whisperer who wants their lineup. It would be indiscreet of me to name names. doc However, he who shall remain nameless gave Cruz a kick in the arse, that's top level coaching.
3. I asked for you guys to coach them up and run out every post, and that you did. No one runs out a post in record speed like, well it would be indiscreet of me to name names, so he doesn't brag Champs You all contributed to this walk off victory. As for me, my sacrifice was having to listen to the absolute worst duo of all time on the radio side, Joe Block and John Wehner.
4. Now the best part, I'll get to watch the replay, so I can see half of what Block and Wehner didn't call, because they were so entrenched in what kind of pitch gets hit the most by whatever pitcher, and not just mention it, but examine it, describe it, debate it, marinate it, deflate it, and then re-state it.
5. Now let's take at least two from the Cubs.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:17 pm To the old men screaming at clouds:

1. I keep telling you all over and over, Grandal should be in the lineup hitting. You old timers keep looking at a batting average, but not recency. Grandal has been a beast for a month now. It would be indiscreet of me to name names Wizard However, he who shall remain nameless was instrumental in the dugout, I'm assuming using the water cooler Serpico once tried to beat up to beat up the sleepy heads in the dugout.
2. We have taken every series from the Reds this season. This goes out to the cloud whisperer who wants their lineup. It would be indiscreet of me to name names. doc However, he who shall remain nameless gave Cruz a kick in the arse, that's top level coaching.
3. I asked for you guys to coach them up and run out every post, and that you did. No one runs out a post in record speed like, well it would be indiscreet of me to name names, so he doesn't brag Champs You all contributed to this walk off victory. As for me, my sacrifice was having to listen to the absolute worst duo of all time on the radio side, Joe Block and John Wehner.
4. Now the best part, I'll get to watch the replay, so I can see half of what Block and Wehner didn't call, because they were so entrenched in what kind of pitch gets hit the most by whatever pitcher, and not just mention it, but examine it, describe it, debate it, marinate it, deflate it, and then re-state it.
5. Now let's take at least two from the Cubs.
Old man? Guilty as charged. Screaming at clouds? Not my style. And I’ll stand by what I posted: I’ll take the Reds line-up over ours. The Reds had four guys in their line-up with an OPS under .700 (two of those guys were in the .690s). Meanwhile, the Bucs had six guys under .700 (one in the .690s), including two guys under .600. The Reds have more threats.