Official Game Thread - 8/14 - Bucs @ Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/14 - Bucs @ Padres

Post by Bobster »

Not to worry. it's just that SD has a good lineup. Perez executed his pitches. Keller didn't. The Bucs needed to have better ABs. The Pirates can't catch a break. I just can't believe Shelton's team plays poorly. Next, you'll be telling me pro wrestling is fake. :o
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Nutting doesn't mind losing 10 (or 20) in a row. But he's not gonna like this: (per DK Sports)

The Pirates and Sheetz are being sued by the MLBPA Union for using the image of three or more players in a marketing campaign for their uniform patch without a licensing agreement. The Pirates must halt the practice and pay monetary damages to the players.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:15 pm Nutting doesn't mind losing 10 (or 20) in a row. But he's not gonna like this: (per DK Sports)

The Pirates and Sheetz are being sued by the MLBPA Union for using the image of three or more players in a marketing campaign for their uniform patch without a licensing agreement. The Pirates must halt the practice and pay monetary damages to the players.
There's just no end to the embarrassment
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

For whatever reason, I did watch the entire game. When it was 8-0 the Mrs. said
" what the hell has happened to this team? When Surg was here you guys were talking about the playoffs"
I just said, business as usual. They get our hopes up and then they shit the bed.
I told Possum earlier, there are obviously players who have to go and there is no way one
can justify bringing Shelton back
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:19 pm
Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:15 pm Nutting doesn't mind losing 10 (or 20) in a row. But he's not gonna like this: (per DK Sports)

Don't they have Lawyers who were supposed to advise them on such matter?
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:22 pm

It's quite a sheetz storm! :D
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:25 pm
Yes, Bob has 3 lawyers who happen to be triplets. They sit at a table next to each other - one has his hands over his eyes, one has his hands covering his ears, and one has his hands covering his mouth. When not doing lawyerly things, they instruct at the minor league level so that Bob gets his retainers worth.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Javy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:55 pm

Yes, Bob has 3 lawyers who happen to be triplets. They sit at a table next to each other - one has his hands over his eyes, one has his hands covering his ears, and one has his hands covering his mouth. When not doing lawyerly things, they instruct at the minor league level so that Bob gets his retainers worth.
He hired the firm of Dewey, Cheatum & Howe.

And Nutting was heard to exclaim, "You'll be hearing from my attorney. As soon as he graduates."
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:58 pm
Javy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:55 pm
He hired the firm of Dewey, Cheatum & Howe.

And Nutting was heard to exclaim, "You'll be hearing from my attorney. As soon as he graduates."
Must have acquired them when he let that wily veteran Coonelly go!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:29 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:27 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:18 pm
I'm thinking about going forward, who are "hims" are.

Cutch, IKF, Bart, Reynolds. There's literally no one else right now on the Major League roster in that dugout other than these four guys that I would miss if they were traded or cut after the season is over. I'll take Nick Gonzales when he's healthy.
Right, those are the five positional guys who I mentioned, although I’m not sold on McCutchen returning.
If they bring Cutch back, he has to learn to play first, pure and simple. He'll just get hurt playing the outfield. He has to have some sort of position to put him at other than DH.
I don’t think it’d be possible to teach him the nuances of playing first base. He’s never been an infielder so I can’t imagine him having the skills necessary. Him not being able to play in the field reduces his ability to fully contribute, which is why I think the team needs to have someone better at DH.