Giants Series

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Giants Series

Post by JollyRoger »

Just like in LA; we catch a break on the pitching matchups. No Bumgarner this series. Bucs must take advantage.

Should have swept the Dodgers. Need to take 2 of 3 from Los Gigantes!
SteadyFreddy

Giants Series

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Marlins play the Reds the next 4 games in Cincy before coming here. So you want to at least try to be tied with them coming into that series this weekend at PNC Park. I wonder if Hurdle will consider pitching Taillon on Sunday instead of Vogelsong because of the off day on Thursday. Taillon has been on a roll lately and you would think you want one of your better pitchers pitching in the Marlins series here next weekend because those wins will be like gold.
rucker59@gmail.com

Giants Series

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1 down, 2 to go. 3 out of 4. Who would have thunk it? Goals for this road trip are definitely upgraded: 4 out of 6, minimum; let's take 5 of 6.

Is it possible this team is somehow coming together at just the right time? Is it ok to believe? What's a sane Pirate fan to do!?
iabucco

Giants Series

Post by iabucco »

Vogelsong has pitched three solid games and it is nice to see Cutch having some key hits and making some great plays in the outfield.
fjk090852-7

Giants Series

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is beginning to appear that the starting rotation is currently the best that it has been all season. Cole, Nova, Tailion, Kuhl and Vogelsong are much improved over guys like Niese, Locke etc.
rucker59@gmail.com

Giants Series

434B485F4949452A0 wrote: Vogelsong has pitched three solid games and it is nice to see Cutch having some key hits and making some great plays in the outfield. 

Gotta single out Vogelsong: what a gutty come back, and effective beyond what anyone could have dreamed. 3 strong starts (I absolutely include last night). I'm glad for him.
rucker59@gmail.com

Giants Series

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: It is beginning to appear that the starting rotation is currently the best that it has been all season. Cole, Nova, Tailion, Kuhl and Vogelsong are much improved over guys like Niese, Locke etc.

Cole the least effective of the bunch!? Crazy. Nova, Vogelsong, and Kuhl have been excellent. Taillion looks like the staff ace. If Garrett gets his game back on track this suddenly has the potential to REALLY good. Credit to Neal (he's certainly taken a lot of criticism, time to give him props; So far the acquisition of Nova looks like another home run).
PMike

Giants Series

Post by PMike »

6E49585C59447B4F585959443D0 wrote: The Marlins play the Reds the next 4 games in Cincy before coming here. So you want to at least try to be tied with them coming into that series this weekend at PNC Park. I wonder if Hurdle will consider pitching Taillon on Sunday instead of Vogelsong because of the off day on Thursday. Taillon has been on a roll lately and you would think you want one of your better pitchers pitching in the Marlins series here next weekend because those wins will be like gold.

Moving Taillon up a day? Not a chance. I think you and others also need to prepare yourself for Taillon to miss some starts in September to keep his innings count down. He's already at 120 innings. I don't know what their goal was, but I would imagine they want him available for playoffs if the make it that far. Think about it...if they make the playoffs, Cole would likely pitch the WC game. Then Taillon would get 2 of the potential 5 starts in the NLDS. He needs to have enough innings.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Giants Series

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I can see that happening with Taillon too in September, but they also need t make it to the Wild Game for that to com into play.
SammyKhalifa

Giants Series

Post by SammyKhalifa »

464D45494C4D561315625B434A4D4D0C414D220 wrote: I can see that happening with Taillon too in September, but they also need t make it to the Wild Game for that to com into play.

Yeah it's a tough situation to handle and decision to make and I'm glad I don't have to do it.

(so glad for the "Remove post" option on these new forums.  I had accidently put this reply in the other thread somehow.)

EDIT--WAIT did it remove the whole thread and not just my post?!? I'm not seeing it.