2016 Prediction Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

2016 Prediction Thread

Post by MaineBucs »

I see that I am now on the clock to be among the next to lose out on the prediction thread as the Bucs will soon be unable to win 93 games on the season; one more loss will do me in.

In looking at the thread, I see there were a number of posters who predicted (perhaps optimistically after the recent 8 game losing streak) that the team would be little better than a .500 club. In thinking about this, I question why some would be so disappointed in the current season when the team is performing at the level they predicted.

Bobster21

2016 Prediction Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

0C20282F2403342232410 wrote: I see that I am now on the clock to be among the next to lose out on the prediction thread as the Bucs will soon be unable to win 93 games on the season; one more loss will do me in. 

In looking at the thread, I see there were a number of posters who predicted (perhaps optimistically after the recent 8 game losing streak) that the team would be little better than a .500 club.  In thinking about this, I question why some would be so disappointed in the current season when the team is performing at the level they predicted.
Because when you predict a disappointing season you hope you are wrong. I doubt anyone is satisfied to see a poor season merely because they predicted it.
Tintin

2016 Prediction Thread

Post by Tintin »

This isn't a contest I want to win.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

2016 Prediction Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: I see that I am now on the clock to be among the next to lose out on the prediction thread as the Bucs will soon be unable to win 93 games on the season; one more loss will do me in. 

In looking at the thread, I see there were a number of posters who predicted (perhaps optimistically after the recent 8 game losing streak) that the team would be little better than a .500 club.  In thinking about this, I question why some would be so disappointed in the current season when the team is performing at the level they predicted.
Because when you predict a disappointing season you hope you are wrong. I doubt anyone is satisfied to see a poor season merely because they predicted it.

I think it is more of a "I told you so" but if one is wrong they can act happy in being wrong.

I am almost out of this contest too.