Official Game Thread - 6/28 - Bucs @ Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/28 - Bucs @ Braves

Post by Doc »

A Gonzales leadoff double wasted in the 7th. I’m really feeling sorry for Jack Suwinski. He seems like such a good guy but he just can’t hit major league pitching. His batting average (.171) is that of a pitcher.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

9th inning rally !

Suwinski needs to go back down and retool.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:26 am A Gonzales leadoff double wasted in the 7th. I’m really feeling sorry for Jack Suwinski. He seems like such a good guy but he just can’t hit major league pitching. His batting average (.171) is that of a pitcher.
I always thought heading out on the road was the perfect time to send someone down, and bring someone else up. I think less pressure debuting in the show on the road, no expectations as the annointed savior from the fans, and let's the other guy kind of slide out of town unnoticed, and by the time the team is back, we're either elated with the new guy, or looking for the next savior, perhaps the guy we just sent down.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:28 am
Doc wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:26 am A Gonzales leadoff double wasted in the 7th. I’m really feeling sorry for Jack Suwinski. He seems like such a good guy but he just can’t hit major league pitching. His batting average (.171) is that of a pitcher.
I always thought heading out on the road was the perfect time to send someone down, and bring someone else up. I think less pressure debuting in the show on the road, no expectations as the annointed savior from the fans, and let's the other guy kind of slide out of town unnoticed, and by the time the team is back, we're either elated with the new guy, or looking for the next savior, perhaps the guy we just sent down.
I agree, it's a sensible strategy. But as for Suwinski, it's looking more and more that he has maxed out as a Triple A player, at least for the Pirates. He might go to another good organization where he could get different, more helpful instruction and become a serviceable fourth outfielder. But he's regressing as time goes on, and it's impossible to know if he's ever going to turn it around. How much more opportunity can the Pirates give him? It's not like the organization is filled with offensive talent and can afford to keep playing him to see if he figures it out. He's shown he has power potential, something we desperately need, but it's seemed to have disappeared.