Official Game Thread - 6/24 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/24 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by Bobster »

Looks like Jefferies isn't sticking to the wall either.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Question: who would win a game played between our bullpen and our hitters?
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

At least the fans who arrived too late to see BP are seeing it now.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:53 am I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked that Bruihl and Santana did not shut down the Reds after the Bucs scored 2. Are there any better relievers in baseball than Bruihl and Santana?

These are two more of the problematic relievers that Cherington throws against the wall to see if they stick.
Heller. Bruil, Santana, Jeffries, = pure trash.
Yet we give away Contreras and Hernandez
Doc

Post by Doc »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:13 am
Bobster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:53 am I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked that Bruihl and Santana did not shut down the Reds after the Bucs scored 2. Are there any better relievers in baseball than Bruihl and Santana?

These are two more of the problematic relievers that Cherington throws against the wall to see if they stick.
This is why hearing Nutting say he would like to see the offense improved is so laughable. If anything, if BC acquires hitters, we’ll be worse.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:29 am

This is why hearing Nutting say he would like to see the offense improved is so laughable. If anything, if BC acquires hitters, we’ll be worse.
The last time he acquired hitters it was Tellez, Taylor, Olivares and Grandal. Next time let someone else acquire the hitters.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Still too early but it's starting to look like the Bucs are sliding towards the "seller" side. And the cellar too.

If they are going to make changes they need to do it now. Give Gorski a shot. There's nothing lost if he's no better. I would play Delay more than Grandal.

Pitching wise help may be on the horizon. But they have to make changes offensively.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:18 am Game over
Time to watch the Stanley Cup
Hope you enjoyed. Damn good game. That second goal (the game winner) by Florida was the result of terrible defense. That Oiler defender let the guy skate into the slot with no problem.

Panthers = 1 Cup / PENGUINS = 5 Cups And we stayed tied with Edmonton with 5 Cups, the most since the merger way back.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:11 am Still too early but it's starting to look like the Bucs are sliding towards the "seller" side. And the cellar too.

If they are going to make changes they need to do it now. Give Gorski a shot. There's nothing lost if he's no better. I would play Delay more than Grandal.

Pitching wise help may be on the horizon. But they have to make changes offensively.
If they get to be 10 games back in the first week of July, which is looking like a lock, the For Sale sign will go up. That's the real magic number Bob Nutting's shooting for. He wants no part of being a buyer.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:37 am
Doc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:29 am

The last time he acquired hitters it was Tellez, Taylor, Olivares and Grandal. Next time let someone else acquire the hitters.
It's remarkable how, whoever the GM is here, none of them has been able to acquire an above mediocre player. How can that be the case for the past 25+ years? Oh, yeah, the owner.