Colin Holderman

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Colin Holderman

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

The All Star Game is about three weeks away ( July 16th)
Even though Skenes has been tremendous since his promotion I don't
think he will be selected.
My vote goes to Holderman- he has been lights out.
How bout you guys?
Bobster

Re: Colin Holderman

Post by Bobster »

I expect Keller to make it. Probably as the only Pirate. But Holderman would be a good choice.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I was thinking about this a few days ago and I landed on Keller, too. He’s been mostly superb. In seven of his 10 starts, he gave up two runs or less and, in his three other starts, he gave up no more than four runs. He’s been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year who no one has paid attention to because of Skenes and, to a lesser extent, Jones.

Another consideration might be Reynolds, but only if he extends his hitting streak to above 25-30 games. That would become a national story and could get him enough attention to warrant adding him, especially if another deserving outfielder gets hurt leading up to the All Star Game. Otherwise, he hasn’t done enough to make the NL team.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I bet Skenes gets voted in actually. ASG is a popularity contest and he is one of the biggest names in the sport right now.

Keller has been better though.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

SammyKhalifa wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:09 pm I bet Skenes gets voted in actually. ASG is a popularity contest and he is one of the biggest names in the sport right now.

Keller has been better though.
The fans don't vote for the pitchers. But the players do and that vote as well as the commissioner's office determines the ASG pitchers. So you could be right about Skenes making it.
There's no basement in the Alamo.