1B Connor Joe R
2B N. Gonzales R
3B K. Hayes R
RF E. Olivares R
SS Jared Triolo R
CF M. Taylor R
C Jason Delay R
SP Bailey Falter L

Here we go, an all-RH lineup. I'd play Gonzales at SS where he has some experience and Triolo at 2B instead. Poor Falter, this team can't hit worth a lick. Down with Shelty and Cherrington. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Let's Go Bucs
PooperScooper !

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/18 - Bucs vs Reds

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Pirates drafted Lodolo out of HS but he was smart enough to decline them. Most likely he would still be in AA in Bucs org.
Took Cincy -118 this morning he should dominate the weak bucs bats. I wouldn't mind a flyer on FA JD Davis.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I know it's a lefty starter, but I'd like to see either Tellez or Cruz starting. Especially Cruz. He's not going to be anything more than a platoon player if he never has to face LHP starting pitchers.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Confidence low but hoping for best.

BEAT EM BUCS!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:49 pm I know it's a lefty starter, but I'd like to see either Tellez or Cruz starting. Especially Cruz. He's not going to be anything more than a platoon player if he never has to face LHP starting pitchers.
Agreed on Cruz. If they’ve already decided he’s going to be a platoon player at shortstop, then what’s the point of having him. Winning teams aren’t typically using a platoon at that position. He needs to learn how to hit lefties and there’s no better time than now. This organization hardly ever makes the right decision.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Falter faces just three batters in the first thanks to a double play. Bucs coming to bat.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bucs get an infield single from Reynolds but that’s it. Nick Gonzales is a really aggressive hitter. He’s swinging when he leaves the ondeck circle. However, he swings and misses a lot and strikes out more than he should. I’d like to see him take a more defensive, two strike approach when he’s in that situation. No score after one.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Golly, I’m so glad that we got a camera shot of Greg Brown teasing Bob Walk about bumper stickers. Sportsnet Pittsburgh sure knows what their audience tunes in to see. And we were even treated to a look at Filibuster Block and sleepy Kevin Young in the radio booth.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Falter issues his second walk but also gets his second double play. He gives up his first hit, to Pirate-killer Jonathan India, but no further damage. No score midway through two.