Official Game Thread - 6/14 - Bucs @ Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/14 - Bucs @ Rockies

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:19 am Mlodzinski didn’t look too pleased being pulled because he walked the first batter in the second inning. I suspect a lot of the players are as frustrated with Shelton as we are.

In 1983 Joe Altobelli took over the Orioles when Earl Weaver retired after missing the playoffs by 1 game. Altobelli spent the season making one irrational move after another but the team was loaded and won despite him, including the World Series. Despite winning that World Series, he was fired less than two years later. I mention this because I attended an Orioles fantasy camp that featured a reunion of that 1983 championship team. A common theme among those old Orioles was how bad a manager Altobelli was. Players know when their manager is bad. And I suspect the Pirates are well aware of what they’re dealing with in Shelton.
Interesting story. The players banned together and used their displeasure with their own manager as an incentive to win. Whatever it takes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Both Tellez and Hayes strikeout in the 4th, making it five of the last six Pirates to fan. Nah, this offense doesn’t need any help.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Golly, there’s nothing better than watching the announcers talk to one another in the booth. Great use of the cameras. 🙄
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Great throw by Joe! But the ensuing triple ties it up. I switched to the Rockies broadcast. Curiously, the announcers seem focused on the game instead of yukking it up in the booth. In fact, the camera isn’t even showing the announcers. What a concept!
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Cutch HR! 2-1.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Suwinski HR! 4-1.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

At work. Looking at box score, 2 things jump out. The number of strikeouts against a non strikeouts type pitcher.

Why is Bednar pitching once again with a 4 run lead? Shelton just can't figure this out can he?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:42 am At work. Looking at box score, 2 things jump out. The number of strikeouts against a non strikeouts type pitcher.

Why is Bednar pitching once again with a 4 run lead? Shelton just can't figure this out can he?
Just Shelton being Shelton
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Raise it!- All of the bucs runs were the result of 3 home runs.
That is highly unusual
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

As always I'm still dreaming of getting back to .500. We sweep the Rockies and get to .500 in Cincinnati.

Jared Jones owes us a great start. I'm thinking it's Skenes Sunday?