Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/34 - Bucs @ Cards

Post by Bobster »

3-3!
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Buccobill

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/34 - Bucs @ Cards

Post by Buccobill »

Down one run, 9th inning. Somebody give me one good reason Grandal and Taylor are hitting. Is there any other mlb manager that would let those guys hit in that situation?
Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/13 - Bucs @ Cards

Post by Bobster »

Bucs lose but at least Gonzales had a nice rest. It was worth it to lose by a run and lose the series in order to give him a day off. Now he'll be rarin' to go in August and September. Sheltington is always thinking ahead. (But never thinking about the game currently being played.) If Cal Ripken had played for the Pirates, his consecutive games streak would be about 3.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

So disappointed in Triolo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Currently, the two best hitters ( Gonzales and Joe) don't play in a game
the bucs lose by one run. It is beyond comprehension the things Shelton
does on a daily basis. Complete MORON. I previously listed some of the players
that play everyday but it somehow was erased. Regardless, I'm sure you guys could
list quite a few without any difficulty. Bobster named one and he played 2,632 consecutive games.
Since he has been the managerI'll bet no one has played over 50 consecutive games. Think about that!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:19 pm Currently, the two best hitters ( Gonzales and Joe) don't play in a game
the bucs lose by one run. It is beyond comprehension the things Shelton
does on a daily basis. Complete MORON. I previously listed some of the players
that play everyday but it somehow was erased. Regardless, I'm sure you guys could
list quite a few without any difficulty. Bobster named one and he played 2,632 consecutive games.
Since he has been the managerI'll bet no one has played over 50 consecutive games. Think about that!
Here’s what’s so confounding to me: the Pirates have little intention of keeping a player who is good and therefore going to become expensive. So why are they protecting them by resting them? Play them everyday. Who cares if that exacts a toll on them a few years from now? They won’t be here. If their bodies are broken down, it’ll be some other team’s problem.
Carolina Bucco

Post by Carolina Bucco »

Here's what bothers me to no end ... the Pirates were off on Monday. Every player had a DAY OF REST 3 days ago. That's why teams get an occasional day off.

God forbid that Gonzalez plays THREE DAYS IN A ROW !!!!!

if the team has a day off during the week, then you don't need to be resting players.

It drives me crazy the way the Pirates rest players so they can be rested in August and September when we're 20 games out of playoff spot and it no longer matters. ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

I worked 2 jobs and seven days a week into my early 30's. I guess the actual 20-30 minutes a baseball player is moving a night tires a young man out.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

After not even seeing fit to put Gonzales in the lineup yesterday, he's batting cleanup tonight. The lack of logic with this brain trust is astounding.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

In today's PG, Paul Zeise blasted the Pirates for keeping Cutch, Joe and Gonzales out of
Thursday's game against the Cards. Basically said the same thing we did. The difference, he gets paid. :lol: :lol: