Official Game Thread - 6/12 - Bucs @ Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/12 - Bucs @ Cards

Post by Doc »

Yet another cheapie single gets home another run. 4-1 Cards.
Doc

Post by Doc »

No further damage. It’s embarrassing the way the Cardinals have scored their runs tonight. 4-1 through five.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Neil Walker isn't bad, but he needs to realize he's broadcasting to the entire viewing audience and not having a private conversation with Greg Brown. I get very tired of his comments being directed to "Brownie." There's no need to say his partner's name, nickname or otherwise. Just make his comments for the audience. But I wonder if Brown encourages that. Even Hannah always manages to direct her comments to "Brownie." And now we get to watch them talk to one another in the booth. So tired of the announcers being made the focal point instead of the game.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

2-out doub-double for Cruz. Can they cash it in?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cruz with a two out double but Hayes strikes out for the second time. Bucs have K’d nine times tonight. 4-1 Cards midway through six.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:20 am Neil Walker isn't bad, but he needs to realize he's broadcasting to the entire viewing audience and not having a private conversation with Greg Brown. I get very tired of his comments being directed to "Brownie." There's no need to say his partner's name, nickname or otherwise. Just make his comments for the audience. But I wonder if Brown encourages that. Even Hannah always manages to direct her comments to "Brownie." And now we get to watch them talk to one another in the booth. So tired of the announcers being made the focal point instead of the game.
So we stink on the field AND in the booth?
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Carol just said, " have you seen enough"? I said, "I haven't seem much of anything"
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

HR for Davis! 4-2.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

This team strikes out way too much. Not 1 player in the lineup you can count on.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Along with Tuesday's game, the Pirates pitching has made the Cardinals look like a worse power-hitting team than us. Except for a couple of doubles (one of which was a bloop gift), they've done nothing with the bats. It's been like watching a Dead Ball Era team. The problem continues to be our offense. Nick Gonzales has been terrific so far, but he's not the power bat this team so desperately needs.

Cruz can certainly be the power hitter to fill that role but I don't know when he's going to finally show up. Henry Davis may have that potential, but he's got a lot to figure out first. BC's going to have to swallow hard and deal one or two of his pitchers (not Jones or Skenes) to get help. The sooner the better.