Official Game Thread - 6/9 - Bucs vs Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 6/9 - Bucs vs Twins

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:41 pm
Bobster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:36 pm Shelton/Cherington knew they were short of relievers today but pulled Jones after 5 innings/84 pitches after 4 consecutive shutout innings. So now we're stuck with Heller. The brain trust of this team is alarmingly poor.
I mentioned this back when they first pulled him.
It just seems like the Pirates are always trying to overcome the obstacles thrown in their path by their own management.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Now Block being the apologist for poor managing today, by saying how they had to go for it yesterday.

Nothing about how Nikolas and Heller have completely kwrapped the bed
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:45 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:41 pm
Bobster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:36 pm Shelton/Cherington knew they were short of relievers today but pulled Jones after 5 innings/84 pitches after 4 consecutive shutout innings. So now we're stuck with Heller. The brain trust of this team is alarmingly poor.
I mentioned this back when they first pulled him.
It just seems like the Pirates are always trying to overcome the obstacles thrown in their path by their own management.
I'd just like to know why Nikolas was kept in favor of Hernandez when Priester was brought up. That's when they had to go out and pick up this piece of garbage pitching.

This better be his last day as a Pirate
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'd also like to know why Chapman had to come out after only 13 pitches, knowing your bullpen is short
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

He hits his third batter.

This has to stop
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:50 pm I'd also like to know why Chapman had to come out after only 13 pitches, knowing your bullpen is short
They seem to have preconceived ideas on pitcher usage with no regard for performance or circumstances.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Heller's ERA is now a nifty 49.50. We like those pitchers who can keep their ERA under 50.00. :)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:52 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:50 pm I'd also like to know why Chapman had to come out after only 13 pitches, knowing your bullpen is short
They seem to have preconceived ideas on pitcher usage with no regard for performance or circumstances.
It's so frustrating how the roster was mismanaged, but they could have avoided the problem in the first place by sending Jones back out for the 6th. and who knows, if he gets a quick inning, you might get a batter or two in the 7th also.

It's almost like they are too satisfied with having the two wins in the series in the bank, and hoping for the best today. Now, they've actually created a problem going forward.

You can't go to The Loo with this Heller guy on the roster. Unless it's an injury, I don't think you can bring Hernandez back up yet.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wehner, just shut the hell up. You and Block need to be put in the IL and sent to Bradenton
Doc

Post by Doc »

I started following the game in the later innings but I read in this thread about the Twins scoring on a blown call by the umpires on a foul ball. Can someone explain the situation to me? Thanks.