You are the Manager

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

You are the Manager

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

With a day off tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to pick our position players
and make out our lineup for our starters and reserves. Assuming we have 12 pitchers that
leaves us with 14 players we would have available. This would be any player within the organization.
Here we go:
CF-Ji Hwan Bae
2B- Nick Gonzales
RF- Connor Joe
DH- O'Neil Cruz
LF- Bryan Reynolds
1B- Jake Lamb
3B- Ke'Bryan Hayes (assuming he is healthy)
C- Yasmani Grandal- Because Endy is not available until next year and I am not sold on him yet, I don't have much choice
SS- Liover Peguero
Reserves- Olivares, Cutch, Taylor ( late inning defense) Davis ( hoping he gets better) Triolo ( need another in fielder especially with Hayes"s back.
Connor Joe can also play infield and outfield. Have fun being Derek Shelton!!
fjk090852-7

Re: You are the Manager

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think the Pirates like to go with a 13 man pitching staff, so I will give you my best 13 position players.

1B Joe/Lamb
2B Nick G
3B Hayes
SS Cruz
C Grandal/Bart
LF Suwinski
CF Taylor/Bae
RF Reynolds
DH Cutch
Bench Olivares

I think it will be several more weeks until we see Davis back in Pittsburgh, so at that time something will change regarding catching. Joe and Lamb and Bae and Taylor would be on a platoon basis depending on the pitcher. I would really like to see Lamb, and Bae get an opportunity to play on a semi regular basis. I think they both could help the lineup.
Possum

Post by Possum »

DH Cutch
1B Joe
2B Gonazles
3B Hayes
SS Cruz
LF Reynolds
CF Bae
RF Oliveras
C Grandal
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

DH - Cruz
1B - Joe/Lamb
2B - Gonzales
3B - Hayes
SS - Peguero
LF - Reynolds
CF - Taylor/Bae
RF - Oliveras/Joe
C - Bart/Grandal

Triolo would become the super sub.
As soon as Davis gets himself straightened out, I'd bring him back to start.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Doc wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am DH - Cruz
1B - Joe/Lamb
2B - Gonzales
3B - Hayes
SS - Peguero
LF - Reynolds
CF - Taylor/Bae
RF - Oliveras/Joe
C - Bart/Grandal

I like your use of the platoon at 1B, CF, RF, and C. Can Triolo become the next Josh Harrison
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 am
Doc wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am DH - Cruz
1B - Joe/Lamb
2B - Gonzales
3B - Hayes
SS - Peguero
LF - Reynolds
CF - Taylor/Bae
RF - Oliveras/Joe
C - Bart/Grandal

I like your use of the platoon at 1B, CF, RF, and C. Can Triolo become the next Josh Harrison
I think he can be a better defender at more positions than Harrison. He's a good enough baseball player that he could be put in the outfield in an emergency and handle himself well enough. If he can hit about as well as the guys he's substituting for, he'd be a great contributor. He could get between 300-350 at bats during a season, especially if Hayes needs lots of time off due to his back issues.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

We often discuss what Shelton can or cannot do. Just watching MLB Network and they showed the Yankees' 2Bman drop a popup while trying to be too nonchalant. Harold Reynolds said there was a time when a manager would pull a player from the game for doing that but that it is no longer the manager's call. He said that's a FO decision. Managers just have very little control of games in MLB today. GMs don't just provide the roster; they dictate how managers manage games.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:56 pm We often discuss what Shelton can or cannot do. Just watching MLB Network and they showed the Yankees' 2Bman drop a popup while trying to be too nonchalant. Harold Reynolds said there was a time when a manager would pull a player from the game for doing that but that it is no longer the manager's call. He said that's a FO decision. Managers just have very little control of games in MLB today. GMs don't just provide the roster; they dictate how managers manage games.
Not wanting to sound like an old man but that’s now one more thing, to go along with the DH, Interleague play, the replay system, and beer league softball in extra innings, for me to hate about the changes to the game.