Trades

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PooperScooper !

Trades

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Go work a deal with O`s for 1b/3b Coby Mayo #20 at AAA.Player has 1200 minor league AB`s. That is what the Pirates need. Work a real deal GM bc.
Put Hayes and his weak back at 1st he can be our Mark Grace.

Pitchers Bubba Chandler or Solomento and say a lower prospect. Barco will be on way up soon he's a keeper and been through the injury already.
Wildwoodcoach

Re: Trades

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:00 pm Go work a deal with O`s for 1b/3b Coby Mayo #20 at AAA.Player has 1200 minor league AB`s. That is what the Pirates need. Work a real deal GM bc.
Put Hayes and his weak back at 1st he can be our Mark Grace.

Pitchers Bubba Chandler or Solomento and say a lower prospect. Barco will be on way up soon he's a keeper and been through the injury already.
Ist Base belongs to Cruz
PooperScooper !

Cruz at 1st...lol They don't have the balls to do it.

Couple hitters and Pirates in division race. They must move a Pitcher of substance.(Falter)

O`s lost some arms I heard on broadcast(caught tail end) but haven't checked into yet.
Dutton

Post by Dutton »

I've read on many occasions that Oneill Cruz should be moved to 1B. I disagree. Cruz's strongest defensive trait is his throwing arm, which would be wasted at 1B. He is also prone to losing concentration on the average play, and those are plentiful at 1B.

I have long held that Cruz should be moved to the OF. You can make a case for any one of the 3 OF spots, but as a concession to Cruz, I'd let him pick the place to try. We are overloaded with decent young infielders, but don't have a top OF in our system ready for prime time.
PooperScooper !

Cruz has the OF arm for sure, but just a guess would be awkward chasing a FB.Cruz stretching from 1st would be a sight to see :shock: and possibly shave off a few milliseconds and get extra few outs per season. :?: :?:
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:20 pm Cruz has the OF arm for sure, but just a guess would be awkward chasing a FB.Cruz stretching from 1st would be a sight to see :shock: and possibly shave off a few milliseconds and get extra few outs per season. :?: :?:
At times I am disappointed with Cruz. Yes, he can hit the ball a long distance, but there are games when he swings at pitches out of the zone. I understand he lost an entire year in 2023, but at this time I cannot see the 30 to 35 home run hitter which I thought the Pirates had with this player. In my opinion he isn’t close to getting a long term contract with the Pirates.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Dutton wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:20 pm I've read on many occasions that Oneill Cruz should be moved to 1B. I disagree. Cruz's strongest defensive trait is his throwing arm, which would be wasted at 1B. He is also prone to losing concentration on the average play, and those are plentiful at 1B.

I have long held that Cruz should be moved to the OF. You can make a case for any one of the 3 OF spots, but as a concession to Cruz, I'd let him pick the place to try. We are overloaded with decent young infielders, but don't have a top OF in our system ready for prime time.
I've also considered whether or not the outfield would be more suitable for Cruz, mostly because of his arm. However, the point you made about his losing concentration would be more of an issue in the outfield because he'd be involved in even fewer plays. I think he needs to be involved more often so that he has to pay closer attention. First base would provide that opportunity. I agree it's not the best position to utilize his arm but I'm willing to give that up if he proves to be a better overall defender there than at shortstop. His arm is minimized if he can't make the plays at short.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I disagree moving him to first you lose his arm. Apparently people aren't watching the games very often.

Because he's fast, he moves to be the cutoff from the outfield to utilize his arm. It's probably the most novel and astute move by the coaching staff, and they don't have many of those.

If the situation calls for it he can do the same thing from first.
PooperScooper !

O`s RF Santander might be available and not expensive. Don`t know much about him but a solid vet, playing on walk year and struggling. Still has some thunder and we need that. Guy could catch fire. O`s have players knocking down the door at AAA. A real move, go get a Reggie Sanders type. But do something now.
BuccoMick

Post by BuccoMick »

Ryan McMahon should be our target for 1b. Would be solid for the next 3 1/2 years. Also Roberts from Chicago and our lineup I set for the next 4 years.