Comment About Minor League At Bats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Comment About Minor League At Bats

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I was thinking about the struggles Nick Gonzalez had last year, and Henry Davis had this season in the Majors. I remember a comment Neal Huntington made while GM for the Pirates saying position players need between 1200 and 1500 at bats in the minor league level, I looked up Cutch, Marte as well as Pedro and they had over 1100 at bats in the minors. So far Nick G looks like a different hitter than he was in 2023. counting this season he has approx 1100 at bat in the minors. To date Henry Davis hasn't had 500 at bats at the minor league level. since he returned to Indy he has been doing very well. Nobody is sure if this was something Neal believed, or else he was given this information from a former FO person, or even a scout. I like the movement that the Pirates have made under the current FO, but one has to wonder if a position player needs those additional at bats before coming to the Big Leagues.
PooperScooper !

Re: Comment About Minor League At Bats

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Nick was hurt a bunch on the way up. But I hear what you are saying. More abs needed but better prospects, sheesh. Pirates need to go get a bat this draft and trade for one.
PooperScooper !

Re: Comment About Minor League At Bats

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Just went and looked up Polanco and he had lots of AB. Geez guy should be in prime right now only 32. Signed to a friendly contract, his big smile. :D Why can't it all just work out ?