Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/24 - Bucs vs Braves

Post by Surgnbuck »

lol, Taylor even gets an outfield assist for that play
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ortiz is so unreliable. Two walks issued. THROW STRIKES FOR CRISSAKES!!!!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

We have to be the only team that can sweat out an 11-0 lead heading into the top of the 8th
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I can't believe how nervous I am, thank you for that third out
Doc

Post by Doc »

Okay, maybe it’s a mistake for Ortiz to throw strikes as d’Arnaud doubles home two runs. 11-5 Pirates. I don’t think I ever want him to pitch in an important situation. He can’t be trusted.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well the good thing about everyone hitting tonight, Shelton can't sit them all tomorrow
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:28 am The question is? Is the lead safe?
I'm not sure!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Oliveras singles and Gonzales hit by a pitch. Nick will officially end the game with a .300 average, our only guy so lofty.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:10 am Well the good thing about everyone hitting tonight, Shelton can't sit them all tomorrow
Maybe he’ll appeal to the commissioner’s office tomorrow to cancel tomorrow’s game.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:58 am Does Block think he's some sort of baseball savant? Does he not think Bob Walk, us, and probably most people over the age of 21 don't know "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain"?

He insults my intelligence.

So does Shelton, he let him go one batter too many. I wanted the shutout. If I had to listen to Joe Block gushing over some obscure factoid, I deserve to see it happen.
Since Block feels he must fill the airwaves with his voice 70 seconds of every minute, he always wants to explain everything to his audience. Any time his partner mentions an iconic player from the past, Block always tells us who that player is. Recently, his partner mentioned Mickey Mantle. So of course, Block explained, "Mickey Mantle, the famous Yankees player." I've never heard a famous player from the past referenced without Block telling us who that is. The "Spahn and Sain" reference was equally insulting to our intelligence. Block seems to gear his broadcasts to the casual fan who knows little about MLB or baseball in general. He often asks his partner to explain basic nuances of baseball to the listeners. A few weeks ago, the opponent's SS unnecessarily tried to backhand a ball and made an error. Block asked Wehner if infielders were taught to get in front of the ball. Of course Block knew the answer to that inane question. But he wanted Wehner to teach the audience how to play baseball. Block would have to drastically improve just to become awful. I don't think there's an adjective for how horrendous he is.
There's no basement in the Alamo.