Official Game Thread - 5/20 - Bucs vs Giants.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/20 - Bucs vs Giants.

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Hopefully this comeback win ( it certainly has been awhile winning one like this)
can give the bucs a big lift
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

What comeback. Afraid to type too much as it could be a jinx. Anyway I will sleep well tonight.
Carolina Bucco

Post by Carolina Bucco »

1. Wonder when was the last time the Buccos came back to win from 4 down in the 9th.

2. Gonzalez is REALLY making a difference on this team.

3. Bednar was clutch tonight. Is he getting back into a groove?

4. Cruz is a fascinating player. On the one hand he makes errors and sometimes looks like he doesn't know how to play the game. On the other hand is capable of nights like tonight and he a physical FREAK ... 3 balls tonight off his bat tonight at 121, 120 and 116 mph. That is INSANE.

5. The next piece of the puzzle is getting ready of Tellez and bringing up Lamb. Gonzalez is making a difference, Bae had a big hit tonight and those were just COMMON SENSE moves that the front office finally did. Now do the next common sense move that everyone on the planet knows needs to happen. Sometimes the fans are actually right.

6. Finally, for this team to reach its potential, it nights Reynolds to hit like an All-Star. He can't just be average. And it sure would be nice to have a healthy Hayes back in the lineup and hitting up to his capabilities, but I'm not sure if and when that's ever going to happen again. Is he going to be chronically injured?

7. I'm just praying that Skenes, Jones and Keller stay healthy. I know that's asking a lot in this day and age.

8. Anyway, AWESOME, FUN win tonight. The team is starting to feel fun and exciting again, and starting to create some good vibes for the first time in about 9 years.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:56 am Possum can read about it in the morning. Also I am sure
Bucs 60 etc. was asleep by 8:30
Not asleep, just cuddling with Mrs. Possum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

So ashamed, I gave up and was super happy when I woke up.

Also wonder how many fans were in the stands at the bottom of the 9th??
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Possum wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:27 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:56 am Possum can read about it in the morning. Also I am sure
Bucs 60 etc. was asleep by 8:30
Not asleep, just cuddling with Mrs. Possum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, if that is what it takes for the bucs to win, I suggest you make
it a nightly occurrence>
Doc

Post by Doc »

Carolina Bucco wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 am 1. Wonder when was the last time the Buccos came back to win from 4 down in the 9th.

2. Gonzalez is REALLY making a difference on this team.

3. Bednar was clutch tonight. Is he getting back into a groove?

4. Cruz is a fascinating player. On the one hand he makes errors and sometimes looks like he doesn't know how to play the game. On the other hand is capable of nights like tonight and he a physical FREAK ... 3 balls tonight off his bat tonight at 121, 120 and 116 mph. That is INSANE.

5. The next piece of the puzzle is getting ready of Tellez and bringing up Lamb. Gonzalez is making a difference, Bae had a big hit tonight and those were just COMMON SENSE moves that the front office finally did. Now do the next common sense move that everyone on the planet knows needs to happen. Sometimes the fans are actually right.

6. Finally, for this team to reach its potential, it nights Reynolds to hit like an All-Star. He can't just be average. And it sure would be nice to have a healthy Hayes back in the lineup and hitting up to his capabilities, but I'm not sure if and when that's ever going to happen again. Is he going to be chronically injured?

7. I'm just praying that Skenes, Jones and Keller stay healthy. I know that's asking a lot in this day and age.

8. Anyway, AWESOME, FUN win tonight. The team is starting to feel fun and exciting again, and starting to create some good vibes for the first time in about 9 years.
You're right, he is a physical freak. His ability to hit the ball as hard as he does isn't normal. But his poor defensive play, caused by either the inability to focus and/or his lack of understanding of the game, and its situations, is why he should move to first base or to the DH spot. As much as he's going to help the team with his bat, that's how much he's going to hurt them with his glove, especially at shortstop. Last night was a perfect example as we saw his error cost the team two runs while his double brought home one. It's too hard for the Pirates to win as it is. Management is making it that much harder by having him play SS.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Big power hitting 1Bmen make big money and so the Pirates will neither sign them as FAs nor trade for them. So we get a steady stream of second rate candidates like Choi, Tsutsugo, the aging Santana and Tellez. Meanwhile, the big power hitting 1Bman they need is just on the other side of the infield botching routine plays at SS. And he isn't even making big MLB bucks!
There's no basement in the Alamo.