Official Game Thread - 5/12 - Bucs vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/12 - Bucs vs Cubs

Post by Surgnbuck »

A walk, a hit, a 3-0 count chapman leaves with an injury, Nicolas comes in and throws ball 4 to load the bases
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Passed ball on a pitch that crossed up Grandal, and it's 5-2.

Thanks Reynolds
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bucs about to go 4-5 on the homestand, losing 2 of three to the Cubs that would have been a sweep with any competent team, but the Pirates can't have that.

Lose 2 of 3 to the Angels.

I have officially planted my flag in the ground. If this team doesn't pull it together and not only get back in the division/wild card race and earn either of those positions, Cherington must go.

I have defended the man, given him the benefit of the doubt. It's five years now. He needs to start doing something.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Joe leads off with a HR to make it 5-4.

Thanks Reynolds. Thanks Grandal. Thanks Chapman
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Suwinski walks. Triolo up
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Triolo grounds into a fielders choice. If Reynolds had done something similar, we'd have already won this game.

But alas, we need more than just fielder's choice right now
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Grandal pops out to center, and Wehner is telling us how he just missed it. Same pitch as yesterday, bat head out there.

News flash Rock......HE DIDN"T HIT THE BALL FOR KWRAP
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Taylor flies out

I think I"m taking a break from watching this team until they come back home again. I'll have tickets, right now I have scheduled time off for the whole Memorial Day weekend. I need to recharge.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

At least Gonzales got a rest after playing 2 games. But he pinch ran so that might require another day off. I'll bet when Cherington reviews the analytics of this game, the trends, the players resting, the pitch counts, the bat speed, the launch angles, etc, he's going to be very pleased. Fans get too caught up in the wins and losses. Only a superior intellect like Cherington can see what really matters. I'll bet he's already scanning the DFA wire for his next blue-chip acquisition.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm At least Gonzales got a rest after playing 2 games. But he pinch ran so that might require another day off. I'll bet when Cherington reviews the analytics of this game, the trends, the players resting, the pitch counts, the bat speed, the launch angles, etc, he's going to be very pleased. Fans get too caught up in the wins and losses. Only a superior intellect like Cherington can see what really matters. I'll bet he's already scanning the DFA wire for his next blue-chip acquisition.
Here's another feather in his analytic cap. He's going 6 man rotation, and DFA Contreras for Skenes. With Bednars injury history, why are you dumping an arm? Should have sent Priester down, kept Contreras, and DFA Tellez.

Now it appears Chapman might be hurt. Contreras will get claimed no doubt, and whoever does will fix him, and this will be another Glasnow level goof.

What Cherington meant to say about Tellez is, "We are hoping to find some suckered to dump his salary on before we get rid of him, so we have to make up some positive spin. It's how we did business with Tsutsugo and Choi, and it worked with Choi."

This was the year this team was to compete. Apparently, some guys can't handle the expectations.

And sad as it us to say, I'm losing respect for Cutch. He's having so much fun you know. He's showing no leadership whatsoever. I'm not sensing any "veteran presence ". Even more telling, I rarely hear his name spoken by other players. He's the elephant in the room.

They need to figure out who on this team really wants to win, and replace the rest.

But until Tellez is gone, it would appear that failure is okay