The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

UtahPirate2

Re: The Departed

Post by UtahPirate2 »

Bobster wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:28 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:59 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 pm We won't have to watch anymore post game stupid questions from
Robbie Incmikoski anymore. He was not retained
He's already becoming like Hedges. Hated while he's here, but the moment they're gone, they became instant cult heroes.

This town baffles me.
I was very surprised to see all the accolades for Robbie in the newspapers. I'm glad he's gone. I think he appealed to the casual viewers who were just as entertained seeing him doing a mid-inning interview or taking food to the booth as watching the action on the field. And those fans didn't care that the post-game interviews ("What led to you getting that hit? How does it feel to win?") were idiotic. They just wanted to hear the star of the game speak ("Well, it's a team effort and everybody pulls together.").
The players won't say much interesting anyway ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1m4JKH3AM
Possum

Post by Possum »

Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Max Kranick, after being DFA'd by the bucs has been claimed by the Mets.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

i have now lost all respect for the Yankees :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:42 pm i have now lost all respect for the Yankees :lol:
We know that all teams make moves like this for various reasons, but one really has to wonder what the Yankees motivation is for signing him. Do they need a middle infielder to fill out a line-up in Spring training B games? Are they looking for him to serve as a mentor to guys on their Triple A club? Maybe they think he has coaching potential and want him around so he can dip his toes into that pool. It’s hard, if not impossible, to imagine how he can help the big league club.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Remember the old show "64,000$ Question?" This is it. Of course the amount
is much higher by today's standards
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:19 pm Remember the old show "64,000$ Question?" This is it. Of course the amount
is much higher by today's standards
Today’s minimum wage players get around twice that per month over the course of the season, which is a bit less than you and I made as teachers.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Adam Frazier signs with the Royals