5 Stars of the Bucs 3-2 Comebacker vs. Cinci on 9/6

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

5 Stars of the Bucs 3-2 Comebacker vs. Cinci on 9/6

Post by SyrBucco »

I'll admit that I thought of just listing the 5 guys who threw out of the bullpen, but here's my 5, and may they bring a few comments.

5th Star: Bryan Reynolds knocked in a run with 2 outs, which is something we don't see a lot of. Kept us in the game early.

4th Star: Nick Turley looked so tough yesterday! Recorded 2 K's in a shutout inning.

3rd Star: Rich Rodriguez earned the win with a scoreless 9th. He's been effective when he keeps it in the yard.

2nd Star: Erik Gonzalez stroked a double in a 2-for-4 effort that included a walk-off sac fly. I was holding my breath because it was rather shallow, but Castellanos ain't known for his arm.

1st Star: Had to give some love to the bullpen and Geoff Hartlieb gave us two soreless innings when the game could have gotten out of hand. Apologies again to Mr. Hartlieb for calling him a one-trick pony. These days he looks like our best reliever!

Tip the cap to Adam Frazier and Ke'Bryan Hayes on the 2-for-4 batting. Bucs are now on pace for 20 wins, or 54 wins in a "normal season". Bad - just not historically bad.