3 1B Rowdy Tellez L
4 C Joey Bart R
5 SS I. Kiner-Falefa R
6 RF B. De La Cruz R
7 3B K. Hayes R
8 CF Ji Hwan Bae L
9 2B Jared Triolo R
SP Bailey Falter L

Looks like Shelty benches the underperforming Oneil Cruz vs. Cease. This will be a tough game with Cease on the mound a CYA contender.
Let's Go Bucs
Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Day Thread - 8/6 - Bucs vs Padres

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I have a friend ( yes I have a few) who I grew up with when I
lived in Pittsburgh. He goes to one game a year. Of course he
picked tonight, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

What a disgusting game to watch. And the Brown/Walk comedy show that they think is so entertaining only makes it worse.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Looks like 2 games in a row Shelton punted. Once again, Bucs are no shows after an off day. Still top 9, but I'm guessing they will now be 5-13 after an off day.

Got called in early to work. Would really like to know why Cruz isn't playing.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Woodford needs sent down. There has to be somebody better, maybe Quinn Pries.....oh
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

50 games to go. 25-25 would be a blessing.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:55 am Looks like 2 games in a row Shelton punted. Once again, Bucs are no shows after an off day. Still top 9, but I'm guessing they will now be 5-13 after an off day.

Got called in early to work. Would really like to know why Cruz isn't playing.
He told Shelton he couldn't play because he forgot his braids
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:06 am Woodford needs sent down. There has to be somebody better, maybe Quinn Pries.....oh
This wasn't on Woodford. With 1 out, Merrill hit the ball to Tellez's glove. Clang! "Double."
Peralta followed with a soft line drive toward 2B. Triolo ran over to it and then watched it sailed by into CF for a "hit." Brown and Walk couldn't understand how it wasn't caught. Walk even speculated Triolo may have lost it in the lights. So what should have been 3 up/3 down was 2 on and 1 out.
Wade followed with a soft bloop fly ball to shallow CF. Bae ran in for it and got there in time. Just one problem. Instead of catching it on the run, he decided to make a highlight reel catch and dove headfirst. But since the ball had hung up long enough to catch without diving, it was over his head. So as his body was hitting the ground, his glove was extended straight up over his head. He reached up and the ball clanged off his glove for another "hit."

At that point it was still just 1-0 with 2 on and 1 out, although it should have already been 4 outs. Shelton then came out and for some reason pulled Woodford. Maybe he thought the inning will never end unless the batters strike out instead of putting the ball in play and hitting it directly to the fielders. So on came Nicolas who immediately hit Profar to load the bases. Solano then singled to LF to score 2 more. Then Bogaerts singled to RF to score another.

So Woodford, whose crime was that he kept getting the batters to hit the ball directly to the Pirates' gloves, was replaced by Nicolas, whose first 3 batters enjoyed a HBP and 2 solid singles. Lousy fielding, lousy managing, lousy relief by Nicolas.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:41 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:06 am Woodford needs sent down. There has to be somebody better, maybe Quinn Pries.....oh
This wasn't on Woodford. With 1 out, Merrill hit the ball to Tellez's glove. Clang! "Double."
Peralta followed with a soft line drive toward 2B. Triolo ran over to it and then watched it sailed by into CF for a "hit." Brown and Walk couldn't understand how it wasn't caught. Walk even speculated Triolo may have lost it in the lights. So what should have been 3 up/3 down was 2 on and 1 out.
Wade followed with a soft bloop fly ball to shallow CF. Bae ran in for it and got there in time. Just one problem. Instead of catching it on the run, he decided to make a highlight reel catch and dove headfirst. But since the ball had hung up long enough to catch without diving, it was over his head. So as his body was hitting the ground, his glove was extended straight up over his head. He reached up and the ball clanged off his glove for another "hit."

At that point it was still just 1-0 with 2 on and 1 out, although it should have already been 4 outs. Shelton then came out and for some reason pulled Woodford. Maybe he thought the inning will never end unless the batters strike out instead of putting the ball in play and hitting it directly to the fielders. So on came Nicolas who immediately hit Profar to load the bases. Solano then singled to LF to score 2 more. Then Bogaerts singled to RF to score another.

So Woodford, whose crime was that he kept getting the batters to hit the ball directly to the Pirates' gloves, was replaced by Nicolas, whose first 3 batters enjoyed a HBP and 2 solid singles. Lousy fielding, lousy managing, lousy relief by Nicolas.
Yeah, I kind of regretted posting from simply looking at box score and summary on MLB site. Thanks for pointing it out. After I read the wrap up, I felt bad for the guy after being upset with him.