Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surg is putting a lot of miles on his this week. On Thursday he
drove from Pittsburgh to the Poconos. On Friday he drove from
the Poconos to Wildwood, New Jersey. On Saturday night he drove
from Wildwood back to the Poconos. On Monday he will be driving
back to Pittsburgh. On a previous post, Surg said how much he had
enjoyed meeting other posters over the years. During the past two weeks
I have met Possum, Becky ( Mrs. Possum) Surg and Mister Man and enjoyed every
minute. Surg was here for 5 hours and there was never a lull in the conversation.
Needless to say, he is very knowledgeable about the Pirates . He and Carol have a
a lot in common and talked about their nursing experiences. After they left, Carol said
"it's amazing that you agreed with everything Surg said". I said, I know better than to
disagree with Surg."
Doc

Re: Surg and Mr. Man come to Wildwood

Post by Doc »

He's a great guy to spend time with. We've golfed together, had lunch together, gone to a game together, and even had a game of catch in the outfield at PNC Park. Never a dull moment with him. I will say, though, he looks old for his age.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:55 pm He's a great guy to spend time with. We've golfed together, had lunch together, gone to a game together, and even had a game of catch in the outfield at PNC Park. Never a dull moment with him. I will say, though, he looks old for his age.
:lol: :lol: :lol: And I thought he was in his 50's. I think having a young son threw me off guessing his age. His son was nice. Very quiet but then again any 14 year old isn't going to have much to say around a bunch of old people.

The PNC cup and trophy was an amusing and very cool story. As a Golfer I wish I made the trip after hearing the stories.

BTW, extremely jealous of throwing the ball around at PNC.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:55 pm He's a great guy to spend time with. We've golfed together, had lunch together, gone to a game together, and even had a game of catch in the outfield at PNC Park. Never a dull moment with him. I will say, though, he looks old for his age.
Be nice! He did say you were a good golfer.
Doc

Post by Doc »

bucs607179 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:15 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: And I thought he was in his 50's. I think having a young son threw me off guessing his age. His son was nice. Very quiet but then again any 14 year old isn't going to have much to say around a bunch of old people.

The PNC cup and trophy was an amusing and very cool story. As a Golfer I wish I made the trip after hearing the stories.

BTW, extremely jealous of throwing the ball around at PNC.
Tossing the ball around on the field was a real highlight.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:55 pm
Be nice! He did say you were a good golfer.
I was being nice. That was the best thing I could think of.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I would imagine that when Surg gets back on Monday, he will
respectfully answer you in kind.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

I hope he is a fan of Ryan Blaney. He won the Pocono 400 race he attended with son.

Maybe he should have worked his way to the winners circle (not sure what Nascar calls it) and asked Ryan if can hit a baseball. ;)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I won our NASCAR pool, just edging out Mister Man. Pick three drivers, add up their points earned for the race. I picked Blaney, Hamlin, Logano, who were 1-2-5. He had Blaney, Hamlin, Elliot who were 1-2-9. His driver is Denny Hamlin. My driver is Chase Briscoe, but only because he was driving Tony Stewart's 14 car, and Tony was my man. So I have to pick a new driver next year, Stewart is out of the game after this season.

As far as Doc goes, all I can say about him is he's a great golfer, a complete gentleman, a wonderful conversationalist, and for a retired teacher from a hoity toity school district that probably approaches 6 figures, he's one pretty cheap SOB not having cable to watch the Pirates games. I mean, he posts on our GDT following gameday on the MLB site, and from what I've learned from anonymous sources, he doesn't even pay for his own wifi, he's stealing his neighbors.

I will say also, he looks extremely young for his age, but then again, who wouldn't when you've been alive long enough to tell first hand stories of the Bronze Age.

We had a wonderful vist with the Wizard, Mrs. Wizard, and Champs. Though he was stuck with a bunch of older folks, Mister Man truely enjoyed the time there and listening to our stories. Of course, he loved swimming in the lake. Neither one of us wanted to leave, and we were both feeling a bit sad when we made our first pit stop. WWD and the Mrs. and Champs are such great people, you'd swear you'd have known them forever with how genuinely friendly they are.

I loved how we all mentioned about how we thought each other would look like. WWD and the Mrs. were exactly as I pictured. Had I known prior to meeting him that he was in the military, I think I would have pictured Champs differently. I hope we get to play a round of golf sometime!

As long as we don't wear out our welcome, me and Mister Man want to make this an annual visit. He and I loved Wildwood, it's different from Ocean City MD, which we also love, but they both have some wonderful things about them that make each special.

Doc didn't mention about the batting cages we did one time also. He can swing the lumber, don't let him fool you.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:46 pm I won our NASCAR pool, just edging out Mister Man. Pick three drivers, add up their points earned for the race. I picked Blaney, Hamlin, Logano, who were 1-2-5. He had Blaney, Hamlin, Elliot who were 1-2-9. His driver is Denny Hamlin. My driver is Chase Briscoe, but only because he was driving Tony Stewart's 14 car, and Tony was my man. So I have to pick a new driver next year, Stewart is out of the game after this season.

As far as Doc goes, all I can say about him is he's a great golfer, a complete gentleman, a wonderful conversationalist, and for a retired teacher from a hoity toity school district that probably approaches 6 figures, he's one pretty cheap SOB not having cable to watch the Pirates games. I mean, he posts on our GDT following gameday on the MLB site, and from what I've learned from anonymous sources, he doesn't even pay for his own wifi, he's stealing his neighbors.

I will say also, he looks extremely young for his age, but then again, who wouldn't when you've been alive long enough to tell first hand stories of the Bronze Age.

We had a wonderful vist with the Wizard, Mrs. Wizard, and Champs. Though he was stuck with a bunch of older folks, Mister Man truely enjoyed the time there and listening to our stories. Of course, he loved swimming in the lake. Neither one of us wanted to leave, and we were both feeling a bit sad when we made our first pit stop. WWD and the Mrs. and Champs are such great people, you'd swear you'd have known them forever with how genuinely friendly they are.

I loved how we all mentioned about how we thought each other would look like. WWD and the Mrs. were exactly as I pictured. Had I known prior to meeting him that he was in the military, I think I would have pictured Champs differently. I hope we get to play a round of golf sometime!

As long as we don't wear out our welcome, me and Mister Man want to make this an annual visit. He and I loved Wildwood, it's different from Ocean City MD, which we also love, but they both have some wonderful things about them that make each special.

Doc didn't mention about the batting cages we did one time also. He can swing the lumber, don't let him fool you.
You and Mr. Man are on for next year- Looking forward to it.